Buddypress and wp_w3all phpBB

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Buddypress and wp_w3all phpBB

Post by axew3 »

Buddypress has been tested working quite fine with WP_w3all phpBB integration.

Only two mentions:
Avatar on buddypress profile pages not match if not gravatar (can be patched of course, but remember that gravatar is option into phpBB)
On email change, the user is allowed to change even if on phpBB there is another user associated with same changed email. But this in reality not happen: infact when the user receive email to confirm email change into buddypress, clicking into email confirmation link, the answer is: email already exist into forum, associated with another username. The email isn't changed and the user can only click into Dismiss email change, to revert to the old one in buddypress.
The registration work fine, i've try out with wp_w3all option active: deactivate user account in phpBB until WP confirmation. The user is correctly activated into phpBB after activated into WP.
While if i add user via admin into WP, i'll need to activate this user into phpBB because is added as deactivated (also in this case). This secondary bug, can be of course also patched.
antoinegdln4
User www
User www

Re: Buddypress and wp_w3all phpBB

Post by antoinegdln4 »

Would be nice to patch the "secondary bug" :)
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

@Antoine you had reason because the code was containing a bug about activation of user.
and together i've patch admin user addition, the user when added by admin is added by default as active into phpBB now.
Download latest patched class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php
https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/expo ... -phpbb.php
All should work fine now!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

On 1.6.9 all should work fine about Buddypress.
But it has been patched several times so be sure that you run latest wp_W3all 1.6.9 patched.
It is now may necessary to add profile fields update for default buddypress fields like google, twitter etc that are also default into phpBB ...