Are you ready for the 2.5.0 show!?

madoma73
User ww
User ww

Re: Are you ready for the 2.5.0 show!?

Post by madoma73 »

Hello,
in shortcode [w3allforumpost id="xxxx"], could you add the treatment for attachment ?
Following our discussion, I tried by myself with no luck :-(

Thanks in advance

Pierre
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Hello! I would like to release the 2.5.0 after tested it several times along various things within tonight.
Adjusting all /views files according to what above said about time (and more, making views files very easy).
After this, i will take a look if it is possible to do the attachment addition within 2.5.0 in short with language files issue: if not, yes it will be done within 2.5.1 that will come out as well in very short time, and all the related code about this shortcode improved (and lang files fixed).
madoma73
User ww
User ww

Post by madoma73 »

Thanks in advance !
floxshifu
User www
User www

Post by floxshifu »

axew3 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:21 pm It is coming, i'm on the rush to want to finish, but something took me away along all this morning and afternoon time. Going to apply to all files the modifications as required, all will be very easy.

About language file:
Beside the fact that many strings are not added into plugin as should be, main phrases are all into plugin admin pages, so that the main problem would be to add all these phrases into admin files (example)

Code: Select all

echo __('<p style="padding:30px;background-color:#fff;color:#000;font-size:1.3em"><strong>Notice: your forum username contains illegal characters not allowed in this system or contains more than 50 characters.<br />Please contact an administrator.</strong></p>', 'wp-w3all-phpbb-integration');

and not like just an echo that is not then recognized as string to be translated.
Very easy but annoying!
I know that the language file have some problem. Going to try to understand how to fix this rebuilding it.
Let you know asap about this!
Take your time, and thank you for this plugin who is awesome ! :D
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

It is all ready!
Going to update readme.txt with logs of this thread and the plugin released in minutes by this post.
I'm sorry that the lang file has not been updated.
It will be the very first next issue that will be covered.

While
in shortcode [w3allforumpost id="xxxx"], could you add the treatment for attachment ?
has been fixed like this:
attachmentsShorttest – wp root.png
attachmentsShorttest – wp root.png (28.84 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
behavior will be the same exact of attachments into phpBB posts.
Inline files will display on post body (as images or links of files to be downloaded), and remaining not added inline added on the bottom of the rendered post.

The function that do this is
public static function wp_w3all_get_phpbb_post_short( $atts )
inside class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php.
I have try to be clear with comments on how it is processed with easy and short code logic. Well, or almost it seem to me!

In the hope that all will be ok on coming now 2.5.0, i have test it as more i can, so please report if any problem or bug you'll may found ;)

Check the new attachment feature and how it work (same as phpBB) here:
https://www.axew3.com/w3/2017/07/wordpr ... o-wp-post/
where it is rendered this phpBB post and related attachments:
viewtopic.php?p=2249#p2249