axew3
w3all User
w3all User

2.5.2 released, and coming 2.5.3 logs

Post by axew3 »

Code: Select all

= 2.5.2 =
*Release Date - 24 Jan, 2022*

* Fix: language file wp-w3all-phpbb-integration.pot into /wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/languages that can be used to correctly create .po lang files. en_EN, us_US, fr_FR, es_ES and it_IT have been added into languages folder by default, ready in place, even if not still translated (have been translated just front-end strings into it_IT)
* Fix: the shortcode phpBB posts into WP post has been updated to correctly parse any attachment, inline and not inline, exactly like phpBB do
* phpBB Post Shortcode is here: https://www.axew3.com/w3/2017/07/wordpress-shortcode-phpbb-posts-into-wp-post/
* Fix admin hints all over
* Minor fixes
i suppose i will have to ask to translators team at wp.org to add these lang file somewhere. It will be done asap.

Since last time i realized that, when an user change group in wordpress or phpBB, it can be done the same into the linked cms at zero cost, because all data already available into plugins arrays, we go to add auto switch group for users. Both phpBB (so when an user change group in phpBB it will updated in wp to related capability, and the contrary, when updated in WP auto switched in phpBB to correspondent).

I also would like to add an ajax feature. May you know that wordpress execute in the background tasks, updating each tot seconds?
It is possible to add a js that grab data, and push into last post new posts or pm if there are, or everything else on the entire page and plugin functions, without the need to reload the page.

Promised an awesome 2.5.0 series.
It is all coming lovely people!

Have bugs or ideas, reply soon please!

ps. may look a note about languages int previous 2.5.2 logs:
viewtopic.php?p=5441#p5441

ps
Since last time i realized that, when an user change group in wordpress or phpBB, it can be done the same into the linked cms at zero cost, because all data already available into plugins arrays, we go to add auto switch group for users. Both phpBB (so when an user change group in phpBB it will updated in wp to related capability, and the contrary, when updated in WP auto switched in phpBB to correspondent).
it will be provided as basic option that will work into WP default and phpBB default-
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: 2.5.2 released, and coming 2.5.3 logs

Post by axew3 »

This "main problem" will be "fixed" as answered here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1685
madoma73
User ww
User ww

Post by madoma73 »

Attachments are now perfectly displayed !

Thanks !
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

madoma73 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:34 am Attachments are now perfectly displayed !

Thanks !
yess! But also thank to your inputs/debug. Or sometime as you can see, i (like many) do not test any possibility (normally except security!) and some bug doing things not exactly in the right way, can come out!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

I also would like to add an ajax feature. May you know that wordpress execute in the background tasks, updating each tot seconds?
It is possible to add a js that grab data, and push into last post new posts or pm if there are, or everything else on the entire page and plugin functions, without the need to reload the page.
Wrong assumption.
WP update widgets in the background, but it seem to be a non precise and repeated task.
I will try to see what it happen, how and why.

Would be easy to add this via a cron, but may so it will be added as separate option sometime on some of next releases. It really do not seem a required and so useful thing, when not coming by a default wp behavior. But surely have a sense, so i will try to find out a convenient way to make it an option. Any idea about this would be nice!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

the option hint has been updated into lang files
w3all Options_disableCKemail.png
w3all Options_disableCKemail.png (41.22 KiB) Viewed 1019 times
and the option content will be how in the above screen

this is it on code (to know the logic of the whole think) as on wp_w3all.php

Code: Select all

if ($w3all_disable_ck_email_before_wp_update < 1){ // disabled -> 1
  // this do not run into default WP admin profile pages.
  // note that 'user_profile_update_errors' hook will run instead into default wp profile wp-admin pages where the check can be correctly executed, before wp goes to update the email
   add_filter( 'pre_user_email', 'w3all_filter_pre_user_email', 10, 1 ); // check for possible duplicated email in phpBB, BEFORE the email being updated in WP
  }
[EDITED]