Same user ID in WP

muti
User w
User w

Same user ID in WP

Post by muti »

Hello,
I'm currently testing your extension and have encountered the first problem for me. Can users have the same ID from phpBB in the WordPress ?
Should I ask myself questions here or in the Wordpress?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Same user ID in WP

Post by axew3 »

Feel free to post where you like.

Code: Select all

Can users have the same ID from phpBB in the WordPress ?
The plugin work by usernames, not by ID. It maintain linked users recognizing usernames and not IDs, that's more easy and allow several benefits that an integration by IDs can't give, into different cms.
Believe me, i installed the plugin somewhere, with peace of mind over the disaster others developers was doing. The fact that this plugin works by usernames, and not by ids, allowed awesome switches without broken things. To say just one, last time some site developers reinstalled and reconfigured all wp Member Press plugin: they reinstalled member press and imported users in WP via memberpress. :o A disaster. S when in trouble, they asked help to me, because all the payment system was broken things, but not caused by wp_W3all. I had to rebuild via db all things for those crazy guys. After all broken things about ids fixed manually, i finished the work reactivating the integration plugin. All working like a charm after 2 days of hard work for all others things, 1 minute (may also because i know well it) about integration with phpBB.

Could be possible to have same IDs for users?
No with the code as is.
It is quite easy to switch to something like, but, to achieve what? To a possible future disaster when you'll reinstall something that will exchange ids into phpBB or WP?

Be NON intrusive, it's the clue. Easy things are better. KISS (keep it stupid simple).

Beside all above, you can agree with or not, why you should want by IDS?
muti
User w
User w

Post by muti »

The reason is that I have a phpBB v.2.0 and i upgrade it to last version. Very hard but succeeded on 98%. In old forum i have custom systems for Tutorials. I was looking for a way to transfer them, and so I decided to install a WordPress. I do not know how to import them into the Wordpress yet. In the old system it was made to look at the user ID and show who wrote how many Tutorials.
Obviously there is no way. At least I will try to import the old base into the Wordpress. Any ideas ? I can send u crop of mysql dump if u like ?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Wait a moment.
You can use the transfer process of the plugin.
In the old system it was made to look at the user ID and show who wrote how many Tutorials.
i assume the old system was phpBB based, so these usernames allowed to write tutorials, where also existent into phpBB.
Or i do not have understand the problem.
Beside the fact the integration do not require to transfer existent phpBB users into wp when integration start, but you can by the way do this using the plugin transfer process, they are added in WP when first time as logged in in phpBB they will visits wp side, or when they'll login into wp side (because i assume they exists into phpBB as normal users, moderators or admins also).

Remember that instead, it's MANDATORY STEP to transfer existent old WP users, into phpBB, when integration start.
Use the transfer process, activating it into plugin admin.

Should also be mandatory that with the plugin User's check Tool (available when the same above option activated) you check for shared usernames and emails into phpBB, or usernames with chars that are not allowed into wordpress.
muti
User w
User w

Post by muti »

This is the old site: http://web-tourist.net/
I upgraded phpBB to last version on other test server. But check the button "Уроци" ( http://web-tourist.net/login/login/ ) This is custom for Tutorials. I like to transfer this tutorials to WP.

P.S. I don't want to a custom system again because every update to the system crashes.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

I like to transfer this tutorials to WP.
If there is an importer of this cms into wordpress, you do not have to take care about nothing, just import content via wp importer.
I don't want to a custom system again because every update to the system crashes.
which is the name of this cms used to publish contents? You have already found one importer for this, but it crashes? Or you refer to the fact that when phpBB update then this system you use crashes?