Wordpress Update

DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Wordpress Update

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Hello

Any issue at al with me updating my current live website to the new WordPress 5.6 with WP W3 all Version 2.3.9? I just thought I might ask before I go ahead and update.

Thanks and have a fantastic day!
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Re: Wordpress Update

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Actually, I have another issue as well.

I never updated WordPress until I heard from you if it was ok with my current versiosn.

This morning I went and logged in to my website to post a new blog post I stopped by my WP 301 Redirects Pro Plugin to look at logs. I encountered JSON errors there and was logged out of the website. I logged back in and within minutes was logged back out. 2 more times this happened. I cleared cookies and cache and attempted to log back in and I encountered a message that told me a fatal error had occurred on my website and to enable debugging for more info.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot unset string offsets in /home/paparayphotoxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/xxxxxxx/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php:1078 Stack trace: #0 /home/paparayphotoxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/xxxxxxx/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php(2982): WP_w3all_phpbb::phpBB_user_session_set(Object(stdClass)) #1 /home/paparayphotoxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/beehive/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/wp_w3all.php(860): WP_w3all_phpbb::phpBB_user_session_set_res(Object(stdClass)) #2 /home/paparayphotoxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/user.php(170): wp_check_password('Qdxxxxxxx0aa3...', '$2y$1xxxxxxxHWci...', 1) #3 /home/paparayphotoxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): wp_authenticate_username_password(Object(WP_User), 'RaymondB', 'Qdxxxxxxx0aa3...') #4 /home/paparayphotoxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #5 /home/paparayphotoxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php(549): apply_filters('authenticate', NULL, 'RaymondB', 'Qxxxxxxxd in /home/paparayphotoxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/xxxxxxx/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php on line 1078

I went into my config file and shit down the w3all plugin and my website came back online. I promptly disabled debug as well. Do you have any idea where I go from here or what caused this?

Since I disabled W3all, I get no more JSON errors either oddly enough anywhere on my website. However, I will say this, prior to me installing 301 redirects pro, I never had JSON errors nor did I ever have any issues using w3all phpBB integration plugin. I believe the issue to be with the 301 Redirects Plugin not agreeing with the phpBB integration plugin. Now that I am back in my website, I have disabled the redirect plugin and I await instructions on how to solve the error I submitted here so I can trouble shoot and see if my issue is gone now that I disabled the pro plugin.

Thanks Admin. Hope you are having a great day!

P.S.

I added all the xxxxxxx in the error message to protect some directory and infos.

Wordpress 5.5 and W3all version 2.3.9

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

mhh .. thank for report .... looking on code i have still not understand how it can come out with the plugin you added, i will check asap better.
I installed on fly the free plugin version, setup redirect 301 of wp_login, to another page, because wp_login page is where the integration plugin point if an user bruteforced is redirected to. Then i simulated a bruteforce to an account, re-logged him in phpBB, then come into wp side, causing logout of the user because the bruteforce fire requiring a login in wp. I correctly redirected, then i've login, and all work smooth. Can't reproduce at moment.

/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php

line 1077, where (it is strange because it should work only when the array value isset) :
if(isset($w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist[$phpbb_user_id])){ // Remove this uid
the subsequent is
unset($w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist[$phpbb_user_id]);

maybe the whole

Code: Select all

if(isset($w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist[$phpbb_user_id])){ // Remove this uid
      		  $w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist = empty($w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist) ? '' : $w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist;
      			update_option( 'w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist', $w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist );
      	   }
should be changed into (and it will be on 2.4.0, so thank you in the while)

Code: Select all

$w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist = empty($w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist) ? '' : $w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist;
      			update_option( 'w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist', $w3all_bruteblock_phpbbulist );
because isset is not needed here.

You can disable the bruteforce option into plugin admin, that will reset the array of data and reactivate it.
Then try to reactivate the 301 redirect, and check, and please report, when you get this error if you can understand how to reproduce it.

Where you set to redirect 301, which page?

i'm testing on 2.4.0 rc3 where many things changed, but 2.3.9 should work the same about bruteforce

https://www.axew3.com/w3/forums/viewtop ... 4946#p4946

let know!
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Hi.

So sorry it took so long for a reply. I needed medical procedures yesterday.

I think maybe me installing the 301 redirect and my error were merely coincidental? As far as what redirects I have going on for 301, I use it tp redirect and stop bots from over running the server with bogus links and tossing a million 404 errors per day. As far as actual 301 redirects go, I have a few blog posts redirected after I changed the Title of the post for SEO reasons maybe or something like that.

I'll disable the brute force as you suggest and see if it resets it and get back in and get it all going again. As I stated, this is literally the first time I have ever had this issue at all while using the phpBB integration. So far it has been and worked wonderful for me. No complaints at all. 8-) I appreciate all the work you have put into it,

I will report back.

DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Ok so I shut off brute force, un-commented my config file and brought phpbb integration back online without 301 Redirect Pro and all was well in the world for all of 5 minutes.

I then reactivated 301 redirects Pro and that is when the trouble started again. https://prnt.sc/vzqbwb

You can see that Error that you see in the prnt scrn image. That has nothing to do with your plugin obviously. However, when I reactivate 301 redirects I start getting logged out every 2 - 3 minutes and when I do, brute force kicks in and locks me out. When I attempt to log back in via mydomain.com/secretlink I get the error for phpBB integration (Fatal Error) and I have to reset Brute Force.

I find this real odd as 301 should have nothing at all to do with your plugin except the fact I am getting logged out and having to log back in which does require me to go through the system which phpBB integration is part of.

I would say I need to get with the kind folks at 301 redirect and ask them to help me fix their plugin. It is the pro version so support should be an option.

DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

oh and is it advisable to update my WordPress to 5.6 with your plugin version 2.3.9?