Infinite Loop after Login (Recent Issue never had before)

MattiaB

Infinite Loop after Login (Recent Issue never had before)

Post by MattiaB »

Hi,
I have a problem that I started to experience after some recent WordPress and PHPBB updates and that I didn't have before (or maybe I solved but forgot how? :) ).

The problem is the following: if I visit the (integrated, resized) forum page, everything works fine, but as soon as I login to PHPBB, I end up in an infinite resizing loop (black screen and blue bar loading), where I need to manually close the page. After re-entering (still logged in) the same occurs. Deleting cache/cookies (i.e. logging out) everything continues to work. I really don't know what to do, could you help me?

(P.S. since this only happens after the login, could it depend on some cookie? See below for my settings)

Here below some info that I hope can help find the problem:
  • Basically, i have a PHPBB forum (3.3.2 latest version) integrated into WordPress (5.6 latest version, standard "Sela" theme).
    The forum is located in the https://www.giochintavola.ch/forum folder and the w3all page forum template is called page-board.php.
    PHPBB users and WP users are NOT linked (completely independent).
  • I followed the updated guide for setting up the plugin HERE, as well as re-created the page-forum.php.php (in my case page-board.php), updated the .js and .map files, purged the PHPBB cache and cookies, etc.
  • I already tried to change the heightCalculationMethod but with the same result.
  • Cookies in PHPBB are set correctly, find an attached screenshot.
For testing purposes, you can visit and try the issue here:
URL: https://www.giochintavola.ch/board (WP page with the problem) or https://www.giochintavola.ch/forum (PHPBB direct page without resizing, useful for being able to log out!)
removed credentials

Thank you very much for any help! :P
Attachments
Cookie_Settings.png
Cookie_Settings.png (117.36 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
w3all_WP_Options.png
w3all_WP_Options.png (1.53 MiB) Viewed 1724 times
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Infinite Loop after Login (Recent Issue never had before)

Post by axew3 »

Are you using the integration as non linked users?
Because i login in phpBB as test, then i come into wordpress, and it do not log me into wordpress.

i will looking now for the logic of the iframe if in not linked mode. Let you know asap.

If you are running as linked instead, are you sure that you have setup all correct? The plugin display red message or the path to a phpBB config.php file has been set correctly?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

in effect, i find out the this has never been considered: using the iframe with not linked users mode.
I will go to patch about this the code, anyway, let know what you try to do, installing as linked or not linked.
If in linked users mode, then let know if your config.php file is correctly included (green message into plugin admin first option)
MattiaB

Post by MattiaB »

axew3 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:05 pm I will go to patch about this the code, anyway, let know what you try to do, installing as linked or not linked.
If in linked users mode, then let know if your config.php file is correctly included (green message into plugin admin first option)
Hi,
thanks for the fast reply!

No in my scenario Wordpress and PHPBB have different users, with different usernames (i.e. not linked), and the plugin is only used to allow the forum to be integrated "naturally" in Wordpress as if it were one of its pages (like an iframe in some sense), so the settings (GUI side) should be correct I think.

Thanks! :D
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Never considered that running as not linked, by the way of course, the iframe could be used.
With this all should go fine:
page-forum.zip
(4.65 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
download and substitute renaming as you named your wp page, so
page-board.php
and replace into your active template folder.

The new page forum (that will fix this and more issues) and v6 iframe code will be released soon.

If you find out any bug let know!

Linking users with mismatching email/usernames pairs, remember that it is MANDATORY allow users to update their email and to register, ONLY in WordPress since 2.4.0>
MattiaB

Post by MattiaB »

axew3 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:27 pm Never considered that running as not linked, by the way of course, the iframe could be used.
I tried to use the iframe approach at first, but I didn't manage to get it to resize to the forum pages height dinamically (is there any guide about that?), while your plugin solved the issue with perfect graphical integration.
axew3 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:27 pm With this all should go fine:
page-forum.zip
download and substitute renaming as you named your wp page, so
page-board.php
and replace into your active template folder.
It works like a charm, thank you infinetely! ;) ;) ;)