Another Loop for preloader

DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Another Loop for preloader

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Hello Admin! Hope you are having a wonderful day.

My website has been working fantastic for a good while now as I have been slowly building it by myself (no other users on the website), otherwise not advertised or open to public really yet, and it has worked flawless thus far.

My server company decided my machine needed upgraded and I was notified minutes before it happened and they assured me they had CURRENT backups. Long story short, they used a backup that was 2 weeks old. Since that happened it caused major issues when I was attempting to fix everything on the website. I have 99% of the kinks worked out except for the Loop that I never had ever before.

Steps taken to try and fix the Loop:

Verified a new SSL for my website
Made sure SSL was forced on my website
Double checked to make sure phpBB was using SSL features
Cookie secore was enabled
I renamed my cookie
cleared phpBB cache
Purged sessions
Cleared browser cookies and cache and history

Went and ground some coffee beans and enjoyed a delicious brew while giving it some time to get happy once again!

website details:

phpbb is in a folder called /forums
wordpress is root paparayphotography.com
cookie is .paparayphotography
path is /

Now If I visit my website paparayphotography.com and login and visit the ACP of phpBB I am ok. but when coming out of the ACP I get stuck in a loop. If I manage to be able to click a link at the top of my website in between loop screens I can get out of the loop and manage to get back to wordpress and I am still logged in properly.

Please note: This is random!

Sometimes If I clear cookies and cache and wait a few minutes and visit my website as a guest and visit the forums, I get stuck in a loop. Once again, this is Random as well.

I do not believe this to be anything related to 2.3.9. I think something might have been set askew in my database maybe when I had to go about fixing things and maybe I am 1 little setting off? I am not really sure at all at this point. I have been trying for 2 weeks to fix so I can upgrade to 2.4.0. I do not want to upgrade a looping website.

Any help at all would be graciously accepted. If so, let me know if you need a test account and if so what level user.

Thanks and have a fantastic day!

[TITLE EDITED]
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Another Loop

Post by axew3 »

The loop is related to cookie issue normally, so it is nothing that go to compromise nothing but user's experience of course.

So you are still on 2.3.9.
Remember that before to update to 2.4.0, you'll have to be sure that all usernames/email pairs are the same, because if not wrong you manage integration leaving users to login/register and change email in phpBB.
2.4.0 works by email now, and it change something respect 2.3.9.

See related WP to phpBB way OR phpBB to WP way (your case) :
https://www.axew3.com/w3/2020/12/wp-w3a ... wordpress/

so you are on 2.3.9 and the only thing changed is the server you say.
mh do not come out nothing in mind, send me credentials of an user via pm, normal user at moment will be sufficient, but send me an admin both sides, so i can check settings also in a while if you want
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Usernames and emails are spot on as they were prior to the serer change. All was normal and working as you created the plugin prior to the server move. I believe it cookie related as well but for the life of me I can not solve it. 2 weeks of trying I think I am just running myself in circles now. ;)

I will provide account details for you. I appreciate you taking a look.

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

It is a preloader problem that is not removed after the page has been loaded.
So, looking to all what involved into this problem, i just discovered that this line:

Code: Select all

jQuery(window).load(function() {
into page-forum is obsolete on jQuery, and it should be replaced by:

Code: Select all

jQuery(window).on(\"load\",function(){
so this is the new page-forum:
rename as required and substitute into your active template folder
page-forum.zip
(4.7 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Re: Another Loop for preloader

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

So far this has been working out fine for me. I have only hit a loop once since last night working on the website. I am wondering if that is just the nature of the beast when dealing working with iFrames?

On the 1 single time I was able to click right out of it and never again did I go into another loop like prior to replacing the file. So far so good I would say. Now I am almost confident enough to upgrade my install to the newest version of the plugin. :)

I appreciate the help on this matter. It drove me really crazy for 2 weeks at least looking for the issue. O never considered looking into jquery. :oops:

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Another Loop for preloader

Post by axew3 »

but i'm not still completely sure that it is the unique problem, working on v6 code this night and rewriting something on overall_footer.html code and page-forum, so all should be fixed. I will reply asap