phpBB Newly Registered User bug? (no forums shows)

pennymachines
User www
User www

phpBB Newly Registered User bug? (no forums shows)

Post by pennymachines »

Hi and a very late Happy? New Year!

I decided to change the setting in my (multisite) WP_w3all Preferences: Add newly WordPress registered users into specified phpBB group
from Group ID = 2 ↔ Group Name = REGISTERED to Group ID = 7 ↔ Group Name = NEWLY REGISTERED

I created a test registration and a Newly Registered User was created in phpBB, but there is something wrong with the permissions of that user. The user gets a "This board has no forums" message and cannot see any forums (although the Newly Registered User permissions appear correct).

If I go into phpBB ACP and directly create a Newly Registered User (bypassing WP_w3all), the account works correctly with the limited permissions of that group.

Perhaps I've missed something?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: phpBB Newly Registered User bug?

Post by axew3 »

Hello! All ok!?

Than if you on ACP for the
NEWLY REGISTERED

ACP -> TAB PERMISSIONS -> FORUM BASED PERMISSIONS (under Forum based permissions) -> Look up usergroup: Select Newly Registered users, then submit: the on next screen select forums (may all) then submit. Then on next screen, choose Can View or others permissions on list for each forum you want.

Isn't it?

You can mix what you want because phpBB about groups works completely separated. If you change user group in phpBB, it change the user group of the user in phpBB, not in wp, and the same goes for wp. Completely separated, like all the rest (except email, password and url, OR for more fields but only actually if ON buddypress, AND with plugin option activated AND working fine only with all phpBB default groups, NOT custom as code is).

You can, as you know, setup newly to see just one or some forum, then promote them to another group that can view all forums, only when the user reached some num of posts, or when it have almost the first post approved.

Here i leave all to see all, but the first post goes into moderation queue, then when i approve the first post, the user is automatically allowed to post without any moderation. And i'm free of spam by long time now.

Let give a test also to me, before to start with a new phpBB estension (that will be also for wp) audio video to post.
It will be cool to use phpBB or wp like telegram/whatsapp audio/video msg.
And you'll be sure that these messages are into your server only. And only you and your users can view. Beside the fact that someone you'll find useful/faster to answer in voice or video to a text.

P.S In true video/audio to post for wp is ready by 4 years now. I had little abandoned it, but it is ready and tested still fully working without touching nothing. I assume because my code KISS. Keep it simply stupid. Anyway i would like to release adding something and removing something else maybe, since my skills little increased along 4 years!
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

Yes thanks all OK - lots of snow on the ground.

Yes, I checked and confirmed those permissions as you described. All as they should be, but the Newly Registered User account created through WP_w3all sees only "This board has no forums." A Newly Registered User account created through phpBB is working fine...
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

ok let check...
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Working here, sure you did and applied this (or some other of available options) on this screen?
I've setup Standard access as example, but it is possible to choose for each forum any available

Group forum permissions2.png
Group forum permissions2.png (67.4 KiB) Viewed 4982 times
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

Actually I had 'no role assigned' for each forum but the Advanced permissions looked right.

I have now set it as above - i.e. all set to 'Standard Access'.

The problem persists. Newly Registered User from WP_w3all registered account sees no forums.
Newly Registered User from phpBB registered account works as expected.