axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: More Profile Builder pain

Post by axew3 »

Code: Select all

= 2.4.4 =
*Release Date - very Soon on Feb, 2021*

* Add: suggested option "Add users in phpBB only after first successful login in WordPress" that return to be useful under many aspects
* Fix: user addition in phpBB, if added as newbie, then promoted to Registered when reach specified number of posts: the user is now added/created in phpBB in the correct way, so to be removed from Newly Registered when the case, and promoted to Registered
* Fix: page-forum.php: fix uid1 WP and phpBB uid2 loop. Fix the pushState landing on page forum, and on iframe navigation. Fix the empty w3= (custom fancy= url) sometime happening on address bar
* Fix: function create_phpBB_user() to not follow on creating the user if email or username already exists into phpBB, so to avoid an warning error in certain cases
* Fix: WP MUMS under several aspect: optimize registrations and errors messages
* Revert: MUMS to allow users coming from phpBB that need to be inserted into WordPress, to be accepted only if usernames are in this pattern range 0-9A-Za-z
* Fix: minor fixes 
David, i tested out the integration code on multisite several ways, all working at moment and with Profile builder.
Especially with the latest option activated, there is no possibility (seem to me) that all the flow can fail somewhere, under any plugin.
Following with tests and fixes on this today ...
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

OK, thanks. When the update arrives, I'll test it again.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Nope, You forgot to remember me, but someone else into another post did, that the problem come out after first login, or i've not well read what you said, and for sure, i forgot that this is the problem: after a first login ..
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Let's go!

I not resisted to:
download class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php from your site and apply the patch directly, after that i've test it successfully into another online multisite wordpress, and into ant my localhost tests.

The coming 2.4.4 will contain this fix
as option

So i registered a new account.
Then i activated. Success.
Then i login. Success.
Then i logout and re-login. Success.
Then i logout and request new pass: success
Then i login with provided that arrive by email: success
then i logout and relogin: success.

Resolved in 3 lines of code finally. Very fast (performance cost 0: execute only when user onlogin, and only when user's pass do not match).
Will be added as option.
The hint will say +- this (in the hope that the resumed and expressed concept will be clear)
If a frontend plugin bypass the default password reset process, so that this do not let update the new WordPress password at same time into phpBB, force the user's password update into phpBB when user login in WordPress

Note: may activating this option, you'll have to allow user's logins as mandatory only into WordPress, or the user that try to login in phpBB, will fail until the phpBB password will not be updated, due to an explicit and successful login into WordPress

Activate this option if using front-end plugins to manage user's password reset processes, you note that after a password reset and then a first successful login, if the user logout then try to re-login, will get password mismatch

This option is may not required into default WordPress installations
///////////
// Scenario: password mismatch after a successful reset, then succesful login, then logout and re-login. Password do not match.
// Problem: if a frontend plugin bypass default password reset process, so to do not let update the new wp password at same time into phpBB,
// force the password update into phpBB onlogin in wordpress.
2.4.4 will be released on next hours and will contain this fix and all the rest

p.s this can only be an option. Due to the logic behind the problem, any fix i did in the past failed. This way will be ok for any frontend plugin that can now work his own way (It is not necessary to activate this option into a default wordpress multisite).

p.sss there is test1 user to be removed into your penny! Sorry i do not have login with the other admin user to remove him!
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

I'm afraid it's the same old story from me.

I registered a new account.
Then I activated via email link. Success.
Then I login. Success.
Then I logout and re-login. 'Wrong Username or Password'. :evil:
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

I tested into different sites and configurations, one was gulliver.it yesterday night, having same problem.
Now it has been resolved and any test i did worked ok.
I regret that it was not working for you and yes for my test into your site.
So i returned back to test again, but i see that the integration plugin has been disabled so i cannot test anymore.
Very strange anyway, should really work now.