More Profile Builder pain

pennymachines
User www
User www

More Profile Builder pain

Post by pennymachines »

Hi,
You won't want to hear this Alessio, but I ran a test with the Profile Builder plugin yesterday.
I saw the old issue. The new user clicked the verification email and the account was created in WP & phpBB. They could log on once, but after logging out, could not log in again (wrong username/password). :evil:

I can find alternative frontend registration plugins, but I thought you might (or might not) like to know...

I'm currently using Simple Membership.
Most of these frontend registration plugins (including Simple Membership) create a user account in WP, whether or not that user verifies with their email. They just use the email link to activate the account. This means the WP user database fills up with Spam accounts (even if you use anti-spam techniques). It is a bigger problem with W3all of course, because those accounts are also created in phpBB. The ideal therefore is not to create a WP account until the email verification step. (Profile Builder works this way, but most similar plugins don't).
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: More Profile Builder pain

Post by axew3 »

This could be an option to add, and seem to be required.

Will try the profile builder before 2.4.4 if possible. I know this because while recoding 2.4.0 i've try it all over several and yes, sometime i've see that i had to take a choose, and one of these was: if an user do not confirm, it is added by the way into phpBB. Should it be? The answer is yes into default wordpress. The answer is no, into mu where there are signups.

An option can be added about this, and seem to be may required on these cases.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

looking on fly: you could in the while setup the plugin option add users as deactivated into phpBB: then all users that have not confirmed into wp, results as deactivated into phpBB, and can be deleted in phpBB in one click time by time.

Anyway, an option about this will be added.

p.s: which version of profile builder you are using, this that return you pass/user wrong?
Link me please the plugin page

p.s it has been tested all working ok, also about password into
Profile builder: https://wordpress.org/plugins/profile-builder/
and into Ultimate Member
beside Memberpress membership plugin

In the while another fix have been applied, an error that come out if the new created user, already exist into phpBB.
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

I'm using Profile Builder Version 3.3.9: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/profile-builder/
I'll run some more tests.
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

Sorry to report...
The account is created in WP and phpBB, but I still get Wrong Username or Password.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

into default wp it work fine, may i've forget that you are in multisite wordpress?
Just over now, the 2.4.4 will be released with all fixes (also page-forum about iframe) and this option, that has been added at 0 cost:

add only after login.png
add only after login.png (13.32 KiB) Viewed 3386 times

When activated, it will work into any configuration and plugins.
Anyway, as hint say:
Note: may activating this option, you'll have to allow user's logins as mandatory only into WordPress, or the user that try to login in phpBB, will fail until not created in phpBB due to an explicit and successful login into WordPress.
going to check the mums wordpress and profile builder as soon