Missing Login User Info and a Loop (Wp user ID1)

DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Missing Login User Info and a Loop (Wp user ID1)

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

I upgraded to 2.4.3 and all was well for a couple days. No loops.

Tonight I noticed while I was logged in as admin with UID1 that my User Info in the w3all Login Widget was missing. So I logged out of my website and the Login widget now reappeared. I then attempted to login and I get the error that said Invalid credentials even though I know for a fact I used the correct login credentials. Once this happened, and I attempted to login via the phpBB login, I was stuck in a loop.

Now I cleared all cookies and cache and tried again as another user. Success! No loop. And user info in the login widget was present and accounted for as my images suggest. The user info int he login widget is ONLY missing for UID 1 and I ONLY get a loop for UID 1. Coincidence?

Both other users accounts that I have on the website do not loop nor is the user info missing in the login box. Please see attached images.

[TITLE EDITED]
Attachments
This one is working good no loops
This one is working good no loops
now_its_here.jpg (63.01 KiB) Viewed 4688 times
This started the loop
This started the loop
really.jpg (154.46 KiB) Viewed 4688 times
Main Admin missing info
Main Admin missing info
missing_info2.jpg (77.2 KiB) Viewed 4688 times
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Re: Missing Login User Info and a Loop

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

And here is another user that it works fine for with no loops.

When I get the invalid credentials error, I am forced to change my password no matter what. I can not login at all until password is changed.

I used all your updated files. I am not 100% certain my settings are correct. If it is working for you and everyone else and 2 other accounts of mine ..
Attachments
and_here.jpg
and_here.jpg (79.82 KiB) Viewed 4687 times

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Yes, the fact that the widget do not display for UID1 is normal: since info that display within this widget are grabbed by phpBB and the uid1 is not liked, then it is normal that this user (and only this) do not display info at all. In true should not even display the widget, so i will add this fix. It is anyway intended, that the uid1 wp installer admin, is particular account that can, but more often do not, exist, due to security reasons.

Let me check again about passwords ...
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Ok So I am clear on this subject, it is ok for the widget to show post info for logged in users such as editor and author and subscriber but never admin? I Could easily shut off the widget but I figure most people are used to seeing a login block on main site more so now a days. But I think I am clear on what you say. :D

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Let check what's going on with the admin id1 about this...

p.s
2.4.4 has been released

Code: Select all

= 2.4.4 =
*Release Date - 2 Mar, 2021*

* Add: option "Add users in phpBB only after first successful login in WordPress" that return to be so useful under many aspects (especially to fix some frontend plugin registration problem. Read hints into the same plugin option)
* Add: option "Force correct WordPress password reset (front end plugins)" that resolve problems into front end plugins (read hints into the same plugin option)
* Fix: WP UID 1 wrong password on reset
* Fix: user addition in phpBB, if added as newbie, then promoted to Registered when reach specified number of posts: the user is now added/created in phpBB in the correct way, so to be removed from Newly Registered when the case, and promoted to Registered
* Fix: page-forum.php: fix uid1 WP and phpBB uid2 (install admins) loop on page-forum, given by the fact that uid1 in WP and uid2 in phpBB are not linked anymore. To fix this, it is necessary to rebuild page forum, and update overall_footer.html js code. 
* Fix: history.pushState and history.replaceState on page-forum so to return to correct page when navigating back by clicking into Browser Back button. Fix the empty w3= (custom fancy= url) sometime happening on address bar. page-forum(orWhateverYouNamedIt).php require to be rebuilt into plugin admin or manually substituted, for changes to take effect, and for the Wp uid1 and phpBB uid2 loop into page-forum, the overall_footer.html code require to be updated: https://www.axew3.com/w3/2020/01/phpbb-wordpress-template-integration-iframe-v5/ . If you want to update to fix the uid 1 loop on page-forum just looking what into overall_footer.html code changed, follow this link: https://www.axew3.com/w3/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5175#p5175
* Fix: function create_phpBB_user() to not follow on create the user if email or username already exists into phpBB, so to avoid an error in certain cases
* Fix: WP and MUMS under several aspects and errors messages
* Revert: MUMS to allow users coming from phpBB that need to be inserted into WordPress, to be accepted only if usernames are in the pattern range 0-9A-Za-z
* Fix: minor (but important) fixes
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Re: Missing Login User Info and a Loop (Wp user ID1)

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Ciao! Ci scusiamo per la mancata risposta per una vacanza in famiglia.

In English:

Hello! Sorry for no reply, was on a holiday with family. I see applied a fix / update in my absence. I applaud your hard work. I still do need to buy you a delicious coffee! I will apply the fix and update tonight and see if fixes the issue.