New users keep getting deactivated after visiting Wordpress

openroadsite
User w
User w

New users keep getting deactivated after visiting Wordpress

Post by openroadsite »

I've been successfully using the Wordpress/phpBB plugin now for almost a year on my site. Unfortunately I'm now having users complaining that they are getting deactivated within phpBB if they visit any of my Wordpress pages.

My site is at https://openroad.site and both phpBB and Wordpress are set up to use https. I've had users now for quite some time who have no issues with the integration between both platforms. But for some reason now my new users are all getting deactivated and I have to go in and re-activate their accounts manually.

I created a test user and am able to replicate the same scenario. I log in and have no issues while in phpBB, but then when I go to Wordpress I get logged out. Then when I attempt log back in I get the Wordpress login instead of the phpBB login. Note I'm not using iFrames but this was never an issue before.

Any idea what I should do to troubleshoot? It's becoming quite irritating and a problem since I received some referrals the other day and have seen an influx of new users.

I can provide the username and password for testing if it helps.

Thanks!
openroadsite
User w
User w

Re: New users keep getting deactivated after visiting Wordpress

Post by openroadsite »

Ok well it looks like I found the cause of my issue (of course as soon as I post my problem then I figure out what it might be)!

I am using WP Rocket as a caching solution on my Wordpress site. This is because my site is built using Elementor and without it the performance is less than ideal. Once I deactivated WP Rocket then the test scenario I outlined above was no longer occurring.

So now my question is slightly different - what settings do I need to use in a caching tool to make sure that new users can access my entire site without being deactivated?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Hello! Delay ... My pc crashed/stopped 2 days ago, so i had to reinstall completely OS, email, sql, php etc etc new setup. SO tired! It is a pain in the a*s to setup all again into a new laptop. I'm almost ready, 3 4 hours max of crazy configurations.

If the problem come out due to login into phpBB and then coming in wp the issue you describe happen, it is because ... maybe:

Code: Select all

public static function phpbb_update_profile($user_id, $old_user_data) {
into file:
class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php
where this line:

$phpbb_user_type = ( empty($wpu->roles) ) ? '1' : '0';
change into:

$phpbb_user_type = 0;
(for the moment, it will be fixed all about this aspect on next 2.4.5 where will not happen any deactivation, in any case)
this should be the line of code that cause the issue.
Can you confirm?
openroadsite
User w
User w

Post by openroadsite »

So far seems to be working.

But I still have one problem. If someone happens to find one of the Wordpress pages in the search engine instead of a forum page, the site is still asking for them to login using the Wordpress authentication and not phpBB. I thought it was supposed to redirect to the phpBB login? But it doesn't seem to be doing that.

How can I fix that?