2.4.6 pre-release logs and suggestions

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: 2.4.6 pre-release logs and suggestions

Post by axew3 »

Since 2.4.6
Php 7 or > better is REQUIRED to install the plugin.
It will not be anymore compatible until old Php 5.6.

Files about widgets and shortcodes have been shortened removing switch for iframe or not iframe integration (because the overall_header.html js code applied into phpBB, do not justify anymore this in wp side).
By the way the complete cleanup of these things will happen on next versions. And old custom files will works as ever (even if anybody should switch to the new cleaned and faster code).
All widgets and shortcodes returns to fully work by default (almost into actual wp 5.9 devel version) into admin
GamingSanctum

Post by GamingSanctum »

Sounds promising! Can't wait to try it out
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Yes! I hope in few hours to release, tomorrow at max.

More important things added: if the database connection fail, error is reported to all users with manage_options capabilities, both front end and admin pages. If the error is about table prefix only, the button into admin plugin will report error (button red).
No way to fail a setup for anyone!
Note that i have not look too much on how the error display: it only come out when an error occur, so only once if db connection values.
I did not have take care about this. It just display, before <html> tag: i did not enqueued it as it should be, but at moment, it is the unique (and is intentional) "bug" i can find out.

Another thing that has been fixed, is the fact that if for some reason, the connection fail, and users (any, included admins) have to login into wordpress, but they have an hash of phpBB, the plugin will follow to recognize any passed hash (because a modified version of the little function wp_check_password has been moved out of the contest, and it will fire just in case strange situations will come out).

The same function can be used to manage passwords of wordpress users into a very easy plugin of few lines, once the integration may stopped. So that users will have not to reset their passwords, to correctly login in wordpress once integration plugin has been removed.

[EDITED]

w3allOptionsDBerror.png
w3allOptionsDBerror.png (21.54 KiB) Viewed 1403 times