Re: Background to wide?

Post by 702enigma »

still did not work for me. Thank you for the help though
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

since it is an embedded iframe page into WP, then the gap can also be due to the WP theme:
i think these are spaces reserved to widgets maybe? (i've not take a look to the source, i just imagine) ...
there is a template page, into your wp theme, may named 'single column' or something like?
if yes, you should duplicate it, rename into page-community.php and move the code of page-forum.php (or page-community.php as you named it) into this file and use it.
It is quite easy, but here easy can have different meanings.
Zip the wp single column template page and attach here in reply if you can't get it work.

p.s if there is not a single column template, then zip another one you'll find out ... we'll try to make it work by the way ...
p.s 2: if the gap depend by phpBB: sure you have apply the correct width value into your phpBB? On all css .wrap declarations?
Removing max-width and giving only width:100%;
floxshifu
User www
User www

Post by floxshifu »

Hi,

I have the same problem here https://www.csct38.com/board/ I can't find where I can set the width in the page-forum of the plugin... You can see the extension with the santa hat is cutted on the top left corner.
I just want to improve the width of the forum in the embedded page-forum, to have more space for the forum. Sorry if my english is wrong, I hope you'll understand what I mean.

Good night.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

So this is given by 2 things you need to consider (and you may already imagine)
1) the wordpress page
2) the phpBB page

in iframe mode you'll have to check the wordpress wrapper, padding or margin, AND the same in phpBB.
The red background into image you attached, seem to come from wordpress, is it right?
If it is, you need to change the css that cause this gap in wordpress.
Possible solution is to edit not the page-forum.php (or whatever you named it, into your active template folder)
where there is this code

Code: Select all

<!-- START iframe div -->
<div id="w3_toogle_wrap_loader" class="w3_no_wrap_loader"><div class="w3_loader"></div></div>
<div class="">
you could add a class to the div that contain the iframe or even inline css code

<div class="myclass" style="padding:0px;margin:0px;width:100%">
but this may will not solve.
It depend by elements that are around, added (maybe) by your wp theme.
In fact this page
https://www.csct38.com/amarrages/
looks like to have the same gap for the central element inside
floxshifu
User www
User www

Post by floxshifu »

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. I'll check and test this after work today and i'll give you my Feedback. :)
floxshifu
User www
User www

Post by floxshifu »

axew3 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:12 am So this is given by 2 things you need to consider (and you may already imagine)
1) the wordpress page
2) the phpBB page

in iframe mode you'll have to check the wordpress wrapper, padding or margin, AND the same in phpBB.
The red background into image you attached, seem to come from wordpress, is it right?
If it is, you need to change the css that cause this gap in wordpress.
Possible solution is to edit not the page-forum.php (or whatever you named it, into your active template folder)
where there is this code

<!-- START iframe div -->
<div id="w3_toogle_wrap_loader" class="w3_no_wrap_loader"><div class="w3_loader"></div></div>
<div class="">
you could add a class to the div that contain the iframe or even inline css code

<div class="myclass" style="padding:0px;margin:0px;width:100%">
but this may will not solve.
It depend by elements that are around, added (maybe) by your wp theme.
In fact this page
https://www.csct38.com/amarrages/
looks like to have the same gap for the central element inside
It is not working for me... The gaps are still here, I can't improve the width of my forum page...