Background to wide?

702enigma

Background to wide?

Post by 702enigma »

I got everything setup the only thing im seeing is that the background for the forums is to wide. Any idea...any help would be appreciated

http://www.thenocturnalgamers.com/community/
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Background to wide?

Post by axew3 »

it seem is working fine now, nice! Have you fix it after?
By the way, about this, check the page-community.php created on your active WP template folder (or that you've manually copy/paste/renamed into your template folder from the addons folder).
So open page-community.php on your active wp template folder, search these two lines:

Code: Select all

// heightCalculationMethod: 'bodyOffset', // If iframe not resize correctly, un-comment (or change with one of others available resize methods) 
 // see: https://github.com/davidjbradshaw/iframe-resizer#heightcalculationmethod
un-comment (remove in front //) like this, the line:

heightCalculationMethod: 'bodyOffset',
and change bodyOffset with some other available methods, see it here:
https://github.com/davidjbradshaw/ifram ... tionmethod

I see also your theme move to top, too much when onclick event: to adjust, check the line on code you have add into phpBB overall_footer.html, where

var mfs = $(this.window).scrollTop() + 200; // may change to 100, or 200 the 0 value here, to better fit your WP theme on scroll 
The iframe mode will be "dramatically" improved as i can put hands on, that will be as soon as will be possible, on next coming or immediately after, plugin release. If still in trouble just let know.
702enigma

Post by 702enigma »

I tried all the different methods and they all stayed the same or did infinite scrolling. Still the white background fills the width of my WP page
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

i'm on firefox and i can't see this gap you say: on which phpBB page or browser you experience this?
p.s all seem to work fine with opera, chrome and chrome like browsers and iexplorer also, to me, into your example, so which the page you see this?
702enigma

Post by 702enigma »

im using firefox as well

where it says here should be black but the forum is expanding the whole width
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

aaaa ok! Now i've understand, as often happen, i'm sorry i've understand something that wasn't the question ... i'm sorry, you speak about width i was looking for height.
You want the phpBB background that should be 100% width on page without the big blank gaps on eight and left...
You so just need to setup your theme (i'm on laptop, while you should have a big 16:9 screen like a good player!) to be 100% width.
This you need to control via css of your phpBB theme. Into the default Subsilver phpBB theme, inside folder
/styles/prosilver/theme/common.css
you may search for class .wrap
there is this code:

/* Main blocks
---------------------------------------- */
.wrap {
	border: 1px solid transparent;
	border-radius: 8px;
	margin: 0 auto;
	max-width: 1152px;
	min-width: 625px;
	padding: 15px;
}
change the value

max-width: 1152px;
into

max-width: 100%;
or to

width:100%;
now your theme should be with width 100%.
Remember to recompile Stale template on ACP to see/apply changes.
Still in trouble?

p.s sometime an image is better then 10000 words :)