The (definitive) improved iframe integration is coming!

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

The (definitive) improved iframe integration is coming!

Post by axew3 »

As promised by long time the time to improve iframe code has coming and the last final step will be the complete correct rewrite Urls for iframe, after the last fix/trick about vertical alignment of the iframe on wp page (already added into overall_footer.html code).

The new definitive joke about rewrite Urls has been applied at date of this post into this site example: you can see it in action, check the browser address url while navigating between a phpBB url and another ... try to reload the page: it still lack of some little trick of code to be perfect on all pages/links but it's at good point ...
Look the new way to pass links between iframe and wordpress, with more fast js execution that never fail.

The new easy procedure will be published as soon as all fixed, and i hope it will be appreciated as a definitive way to achieve what required by long time.
Yeah will be cool! Stay tuned!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: The (definitive) improved iframe integration is coming!

Post by axew3 »

The 2nd test code has been applied: there are problems just within this online template, which i need to update to latest because since last phpBB update it return some js problem on console.
So may not consider if some unexpected behavior on uploading files in attach here on this example, all is working fine when theme updated ... i will follow releasing code after little time of checks more, fixing any remaining eventual bug.

Further more the interesting here, is that isn't needed anymore to use the .htaccess trick.
Now the js code pass all needed without necessity to re-write passed URL ... that's so cool!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

What should be +- the definitive code, has been applied at date of this post on this online example.

Try to navigate and open links in any way: right click over links within iframed phpBB, open new tabs, copy links on address bar, see the cool result.

A new shorter, faster, easier and secure way to integrate using iframe. That never fail. .htaccess NOT required anymore. Think that the /index.php/ part on pushed url could be removed also (for those that requested in the past) so i will check to adjust also this particular.
That's the definitive way working like a charm ;)

This is the final test to discover eventually bugs.
So if you find out one while navigating and/if testing, please report!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

All should be done, i've just start to re-test fixing 3 important problems on js code, that maybe could be maybe even more easier, but ok, that's the way i've do at moment. All rewrite as needed, opening links with right-click(new tab or window) all point to the right place. Anchors links on pages treated as needed and ok ... all seem to answer like a charm (almost until next bug fix ;))
but i expect that the code is in any situation ok ... check it now! Report if possible.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Just fixed links on posts that points to external pages.
Resolved also external link load for a while iframed on wp page long time problem. I can't explain in better words what this bug was ...
Time to release is coming so fast ...
Think the final fix will be to remove the index.php addition on passed links ... checking why never 2 years and more ago, i added this to url :?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Removing the index.php on pushed urls, fall into a result of: url not consistent on page reload.
The problem i've note may depend by how the push is done, or maybe by wordpress way to build urls structure. I'll try to take a look ...