Last Topics Widget and forums with 0 topics issue

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Last Topics Widget and forums with 0 topics issue

Post by axew3 »

Since a question about problem on widget that was not showing posts, i 've test all things and all work fine, only a patch applied yesterday into all shortcode and widget plugin files (/views/ folder) to resolve a warning issue for non avatar mode on widgets/shortcodes, but i suspect (or i'm sure now) that there is a bug more, that will be fixed but in the while so, you are noticed about.
This is the problem:
if last topics widget activated to retrieve posts, AND all active forums (ALL EXISTENT) NOT CONTAINS ALMOST ONE published topic inside, the query on last topics will return nothing as result.
Seem that it is necessary that ALL forums board contains almost one post or last_topics_widget query fail and return empty value.
WIll be resolved within next coming release, that will include (mChat port) .
The above not affect shortcodes, except i assume, the one that retrieve all posts from all forums.
In this case, the above affect, because the query that retrieve data is the same.
kachan64
User w
User w

Re: Last Topics Widget and forums with 0 topics issue

Post by kachan64 »

Thanks. Can we have more widgets like bbPress to display forum stats like amount of registered users, total topics, total posts etc?

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

like the coming mChat port, yes we can imagine how it is easy to do a simple joke with these optional features.
Some of can be added as option on widget or shortcodes with easy.

...Topics Views List ...
what it mean? Display topics that have the more high number of visits?

And search form? What should do?
How you think it should be done? How should act in wordpress side?

at moment shortcodes available are these:
https://www.axew3.com/w3/cms-plugins-sc ... ommonHowto
kachan64
User w
User w

Post by kachan64 »

You can see the list of widget and the description here: https://codex.bbpress.org/features/widgets/
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

May on next releases any can be added something more, that's very easy, at moment except the mChat port into wordpress, next release will contain several fixes and improvements to actual existent features.