WP_w3all Steam Stats plugin ... coming
WP_w3all Steam Stats plugin ... coming
wp_w3all_steam.png (218.38 KiB) Viewed 13141 times
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Anyone w/ knowledge of Steam API?

Post by axew3 »

The plugin in raw version is ready. admin/user interface, page for user to display steam stats. If anyone interested to get the code that can achieve with easy the result above asked, just post a request. We can build a good template about with, or just a template addition for themes. That should be cool.
Tan Sen

Post by Tan Sen »

axew3 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:32 am i've return over Steam, but i have a problem understanding a thing: on your profile, http://csgo-stats.com/synisto/
there are info about what?
If i calculate your played time, i get much more hours than the value reported on your profile. So i think the Time played value reported, is about a single game.
So i've try to see on your latest played games, looking if there is an equal value on it about Time played (for example), but nothing.

Can you please, let me know:
what the name of the game, statistics on your profile display?
is the latest you have play? (no i do not think)

ps... got it
hI,

I did get you properly. what are the information do you require to find my gaming statistics ? is it about calculating my played time and the money i have earned through online games or what !
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Hello! Since i do not play online games on Steam, i just created time ago an account with minimum requirements to test personally Steam api retrieving results to test it and display.
do you require to find my gaming statistics
Yes because at the past time of these posts, due to my misunderstanding or ability to read documentation, i remember that i was not able to work with mine Steam results because to get some result, i had to play to games and i had not the time to. So no tests with my account were possible.

May i misunderstand something into documentation at the time i read it, and the Steam api have a sort of test account that you can use to test and develop code based into it, by the way i was not able to find the way if it was at this time.
I will take a look soon to see if something upgraded on Steam Api or, since my Eng is now little improved :oops: , i will find a way to make a nice and simple piece of code to display Player Statistics, that i would like to do as soon!
Yes if you can please PM me your steam id that is useful to retrieve steam's data account. You may have to setup your steam profile setting into your Steam User CP to allow public access to profile information.

I will return over this very soon!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

So 'i've return over this, and i've take a look to check and the same, the same ... was nice to get all via iframe, like display steam user's profiles directly into any site. CORS and iframe same origin is the problem.

But i've try out to retrieve and display steam pages via php into my localhost, then processed injecting javascript, that prevent onclick events ... then we need to proceed finalizing the joke, by re-processing any click in the background via php, send all via ajax to javascript, and display again the new request (may just substituting the entire body, and injecting the new one (the url request onclick)).

Little confused maybe ...
Soon with an online example: i would like to do an easy light plugin, that may will be suitable to fit with easy any page/online/platform, not only steam.
I mean something like this
ScreenHunter_134 Oct. 10 16.56.jpg
ScreenHunter_134 Oct. 10 16.56.jpg (263.32 KiB) Viewed 15158 times
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Here it is:

Steam ids examples to check for and display, can be passed as steamid=userSteamIdBase64, via $_GET into this working (not so hard tested!) example, so like:

https://www.axew3.com/w3/csgo-stats/?st ... 8043896613
OR
https://www.axew3.com/w3/csgo-stats/?st ... 8813587605

You can get data of any user by passing base64 steam IDS.

steamID64 that for example you can retrieve by username here:
https://steamid.io/lookup/

The provided template to display CSGO Steam results is just an easy RAW example that any php/css template developer will find easy to adapt and improve for an awesome result into any WordPress installation.

Profile user page provided to let setup each WordPress user his own SteamID to display.

Administration provide by default: cache time, Steam Web API Key (that administrator will have to setup), user groups allowed to use.

'easy self-cleaner cache, no "maintenance time" required'
https://www.axew3.com/w3/csgo-stats/