Anyone w/ knowledge of Steam API?

Synisto
User ww
User ww

Anyone w/ knowledge of Steam API?

Post by Synisto »

I'm looking for someone with knowledge of Steam API to get CSGO stats to show on my website.
"Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come"
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Anyone w/ knowledge of Steam API?

Post by axew3 »

hello, i do not nothing about but as i'm always curious i will take a look as i can.
It should be very easy to use lib!
What with this lib you would like to achieve, into your site exactly?
Can you explain a little overview of the thing?

p.s 1.2.2 is coming and it fix many things, as soon it will be released, please update if still using!
Synisto
User ww
User ww

Post by Synisto »

What I want to achieve is to show CS:GO stats on a specific member's page. So on my page I want to show for instance my kills, deaths, accuracy etc. like on http://csgo-stats.com/synisto/

For this I need to get info out of the Steam API, but I'm not sure how exactly.
http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamUserS ... 8001105948
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

How many users run this kind of things!? :mrgreen: just to know ... let me know ... it it can be a 1.000.000 downloads plugin to do?
i will take a look into as soon i can ... you would like to get this into WordPress, on profile for example, or as page for each player or subscribed player? Will take a look ... but substantially, as presentation say, it just return a json string. Not hard to use it. Little more work is required to display in a beautiful professional way this data.

p.s wp_w3all 1.2.2 has been released, update as it fix numerous problems and is more fast.
Synisto
User ww
User ww

Post by Synisto »

There's a lot of posts on the internet requesting how to do it, but I seem unable to find any usefull tutorial on how to use these json scripts and stuff.

I would like to show it on a member's profile for instance like this:
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Ok got it ... thinking ... a new plugin or a wp_w3all extension?
I think a new easy w3all_steamcommunty_plugin.
I've yesterday night start to play with STEAM, looking features on fly, installing also a game after a free registration, and asked for your friendship. All this to get an idea of what about and ... a page with user's profile/results of https://steamcommunity.com .
I need to look what and where, so confirm please my friendship at https://steamcommunity.com, so i can see better all what i want to understand about the system and how all work in very short time ... it is much better than look into code. I can imagine when and where, after i see behaviors.

If anyone interested into a collaborative development of this plugin, i will be happy to share my little knowledge about www, so we can create a very useful, powerful, and interesting plugin in less time ...

I would like to have a collaboration from someone that know strongly Javascript/Jquery, and be able to reproduce what mysql/php code functions or classes return, to display professional graphic interfaces. If nobody come out ... i will do the thing, as soon i can.
But if anybody interested, i will be more happy.

p.s to get an iframe of the profile inside a WP page is very easy thing to achieve.
So for example you can embed an external page, into an iframe like for phpBB on wp_w3all. This is very easy and can be achieved in three easy steps.
But i think a plugin, that:
allow user to choose to display or not his steamcommunity.com profile and stats on WP, adding his steamID, is the best way.
Also because, there is now way to calculate the exact height for an iframe if there is no code on the called (iframe) page, that is impossible in this case, as the page we call inside iframe, is a page hosted on a domain that we do not own. We so can in case set a default height dimension for the iframe, but it lead to a not so good result.