A stunning theme required

To talk about everything
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: A stunning theme required

Post by axew3 »

kaspir wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:52 pm Thanks for that reference. Without editing the templates, I'm not sure if you can accomplish what you want without editing template(s). I can tell you for fact, Prosilver 3.2 wasn't 100% perfect, even I submitted a fix to area51.phpbb on the 3.2 template for some backwards FA icon I found after their release of RC.
it is a mess even with javascript, because maybe require an addition of code that isn't so conventional. Better change the template with tables where necessary in case? But i will finish the code snippet that seem maybe to be useful in any case (the problem to consider in this case is that not all rows resize at same time in the same way, due to the contained text maybe ... even asking myself how this can be cpu intensive ...

There is a last chance but not sure about result and finally how to get it work in this case: the z-index
but i need to check how elements are parsed and if is possible to z-index these elements ...
wildchild666

Post by wildchild666 »

here we go rendered logo Image

and the solo background Image
kaspir

Post by kaspir »

axew3 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 4:43 pm
kaspir wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:52 pm Thanks for that reference. Without editing the templates, I'm not sure if you can accomplish what you want without editing template(s). I can tell you for fact, Prosilver 3.2 wasn't 100% perfect, even I submitted a fix to area51.phpbb on the 3.2 template for some backwards FA icon I found after their release of RC.
it is a mess even with javascript, because maybe require an addition of code that isn't so conventional. Better change the template with tables where necessary in case? But i will finish the code snippet that seem maybe to be useful in any case (the problem to consider in this case is that not all rows resize at same time in the same way, due to the contained text maybe ... even asking myself how this can be cpu intensive ...

There is a last chance but not sure about result and finally how to get it work in this case: the z-index
but i need to check how elements are parsed and if is possible to z-index these elements ...
Agreed. Also glad to hear you attempted using JS too. I didn't. I have however just woke up with a new idea.. try using: [c]white-space: pre-line;[/c] and look what it does! From there, I assume by assigning the parents their heights, might be as close as I can figure in CSS. But like I said, then there's that stupid header [c]<div style="height:8px;">[/c] crap.

My vote as always been with template. But I understand there are some reasons why you may not want too. For one, reloading CSS for future theme updates/patches is easier than template edits! Good luck mate! I really tried to help on this one. Google couldn't save me. :x

EDIT: pls add BBcode to phpBB [c]in-line text code[/c], it's a neat one. ;)
World of Phaos RPG online is making it's come back! Play free now!
Check out phpBB contributions & extension downloads. :P
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

@kaspir
the 'on fly' style applied to the bbcode c added, is maybe to be reviewed of course, really bad as is :) it just add the tag i with padding and white bg ... if any suggestion for a better result ...
about the js code to change the dl dt dd heights on fly ... i've also lost just now more than one hour to find out a way to resolve this thing with the following (maybe to much simple) js code (can be applied into overall_footer.html):

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
$('ul.topiclist.forums li.row dl.row-item.forum_unread_subforum dt div.list-inner').on('getheight', function() {
    $('ul.topiclist.forums li.row dl.row-item.forum_unread_subforum dt div.list-inner').height();
 //  console.log( $( this ).height() );
$( 'li.row dl.row-item').children().height($( this ).height());
});

function w3ChangeHeightE() {
$('ul.topiclist.forums li.row dl.row-item.forum_unread_subforum dt div.list-inner').trigger('getheight');
}
$( window ).resize(function() {
w3ChangeHeightE();
});
$( window ).load(function() {
w3ChangeHeightE();
});
</script>
but the problem here, is that ALL rows are increased and decreased when resizing window...
And i've not still find out a way to increase instead, only the row that maybe due to mods rows text or forum description text , wrap naturally more or nothing respect another.
I will try to see if i can get out this: apply the style, to the correct instance and not to all, so that would be the magic solution.

@wildchild666
can you provide a .png transaparent or .psd file of the shape :mrgreen:
p.s of course no worry! it's ok also in this way! thank you!
kaspir

Post by kaspir »

I'm not good with js, so I'm little help there. The scripts I've injected I didn't completely write (this phpBB ext I made, uses one just like it here), this one injects into footer_template is my new class for the ext which forces the CSS upon the fixed header bar. But I got lucky, the element(s) of phpBB I needed to inject to, there was only one for the header area I needed. However like you stated, your JS is affecting too many rows for the area you need, and that's because of phpBB using, what was it called, the class="list-something" everywhere! Which concludes, instead you need a template edit to only take effect where you want it.

About the bbcode, it's a standard one that phpBB.com also allows. It keeps short code neat and easier to read. There is no need for you to have it.. Just thought I share it, since I use often, lol. Or for anyone else who reads this. GOTO -> phpBB ACP -> Posting Tab -> BBcodes

BBcode Usage:

[c]{TEXT}[/c]
HTML Replacement:

<code style="font:Monaco, 'Andale Mono', 'Courier New', Courier, monospace 0.9em normal;line-height:1.3em;background-color:#fff;color:#2E8B57;border:1px solid #C9D2D8;padding:0 3px;display:inline;">{TEXT}</code>
Helpline Text:

In-Line Code: [c]your code[/c]
World of Phaos RPG online is making it's come back! Play free now!
Check out phpBB contributions & extension downloads. :P
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

hi, sorry for the delay, ok thank you :)

hard days here around ... but this morning i've take a moment before to go for a walk (anybody like to come? :o ) to finish (almost) this concept with a working code.
So, the little complicate way, that resolve the problem above about background, can be this (that work into the default phpBB theme).
Clear to skilled js guys, less to some other, but this code will work only into a default phpBB theme, because it search for specifics classes and nodes, as into default template is. So elements need to be changed, if the theme is developed using different nested elements than the default sub blue phpBB theme.
Without touch nothing on templates css, adding this js code into overall_footer.html, it make possible to have (i need this for columned colors and/or the dl dt dd list, resized at same height of the nested div (and to have same background height for needed elements), the "magic" above invoked (the proto code, still lack of little details):

function w3all_resizer() {

$('ul.topiclist.forums li.row dl.row-item').each(function () {
 var dhsf = ($(this.childNodes[0].nextElementSibling.childNodes[3]).height());
 var dhs = $( this,'ul.topiclist.forums li.row dl.row-item').height();
 var uh = $(this,'div[class=list-inner]').children().height();
 if( dhsf != null || dhsf > uh ){
      $(this,'ul.topiclist.forums li.row dl').children().css({
          height: dhsf + 'px'
        });
   } else {
        $(this,'ul.topiclist.forums li.row dl dt').children().css({
          height: $( this ).height() + 'px'
        });
      }
  });
}

$(window).on('resize', function (event) {
 w3all_resizer();
});
$( window ).load(function() {
 w3all_resizer();
});
p.s i start to hate this theme height shrinking/expanding on top with bad padding or margin of iframe into this online default phpBB theme example: it do not happen with others themes!