Thanks for a promising phpBB Wordpress plugin!

To talk about everything
Macko
User w
User w

Thanks for a promising phpBB Wordpress plugin!

Post by Macko »

Hi.

I just saw this section called 'Free Time' and thought I'd come say hello. First, thanks for the work! I know f*ck all about coding, etc, so I'm always thankful there are people out there who can create these things.

As it stands right now, I have a fun phpBB forum that is for expats, and I've been trying to have 'more' than just the barebones forum for quite some time, and we wanted something to feed the latest posts/topics from out forum to the WordPress part of the site, and it seems your plugin does that and a LOT more!

I will report back, but as of right now, we got wp installed on our server and within a day or dev should have it all set up, and we all agreed that W3ALL plugin was the best choice, so here I am. Hopefully I'll have it all up and running within a few weeks, as I'll want to make some blog and news posts before we make it go 'live.'

I prefer not to post the name here publicly, but if anyone wants to check it out, feel free to PM me. Again, it's not ready yet, but I am pretty excited to likely have it done (at least setup) within a day or so!

Have a good weekend, all!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Thanks for a promising phpBB Wordpress plugin!

Post by axew3 »

Just ask what you like, despite 40° day time here, and no fresh air around, we will try to survive, to answer and resolve ;)
Macko
User w
User w

Post by Macko »

axew3 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:03 pm Np! Just ask any devil you like ... despite 40° day time here, and no fresh air around, we will try to survive, to answer and resolve ;)
Thanks. We'll see how the install goes. I have faith in our Dev, but you never know. We are running phpBB 3.2 with more random extensions than stars in the sky, lol.

Also, would have any links to some sites that already have it that are top notch? I would like to see a few, if possible.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

check maybe around posts here or at wp.org ... someone have instead link his site.
check also the help install page that maybe can clear many questions at once:
https://www.axew3.com/w3/cms-plugins-sc ... tegration/
phpBB modifications, if respect db structure (and you have not install mods that modify some default phpBB db table, that is the worst you can have, not a good practice) not affect because this is a WP plugin.
Macko
User w
User w

Post by Macko »

Looks like things have gone well so far...

Not super far along with the WP site, but the w3all plugin seems to be doing exactly as it's supposed to. Guess we won't be sure until we open the flood gates and let people try it and see if they get registered, but it worked for me already.