Blank page at admin login

Seowebby
User w
User w

Re: Blank page at admin login

Post by Seowebby »

Hi axew3,

sorry for the late reply.
Finally, I managed to get into ACP but with a trick.
I log in within the site, I go to the forum, I go to the ACP login form and, at this moment, using the Chrome developers tools, I stop all the cookies except those of phpBB.
I insert username and password and I get into ACP!!!
This doesn't mean that the problem is solved but it's already a step ahead.

Thank you
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

hey! well, it is only a cookie problem, and i'm just over for the time i can, to prepare 1.7.6.
So after a report at wp.org forum about problems on login WP that loop, i've try several check to see all is in order.
1.7.5 has been patched 3 times (one right now, to resolve a php notice error on certain logout function call, that by the way was not a big fix, while others previous two, are quite important, so please update to the very latest re-downloading the two updated files, which are
wp_w3all.php
and
class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php
https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/brow ... tion/trunk
and replace, or just download the 1.7.5 plugin and replace all files.

In the while i was testing, i've encounter the same problem you've report: blank page at phpBB ACP login.
It has happen, because i've change to wrong for test the cookie setting on ACP, so, i've logout phpBB, and try to login: on front end all ok, at ACP, blank page.
So, i've check what was happening with cookies: old cookies was existing on browser, and also the new one of the new session with new setting.
So, i've cleanup all cookies and re-login.
Nothing to do, because the cookie setting on phpBB acp was wrong. blank page.
So i've login to db, changed the cookie setting to the good one directly on config db table:
i've clean cookies, i've login phpBB frontend, than to ACP ok.
The blank page on ACP, is definitively a problem about cookies and sessions that are recognized in wrong way somewhere, in certain conditions (may because you have change the setting in phpBB about cookies, than when you do logout, the old, because the new setting is active, isn't deleted, and i suppose, by the way it is recognized as valid in phpBB when try to login (while this not happen in frontend) ACP. Maybe this conclusion is totally wrong, may not .... by the way ...

i'm over to check further problems about cookies, and a loop in WP when WP is called via url like
http://mydomain.com
instead than www.mydomain.com
(if it is the setting in WP about site url: i've test in this way but i suppose should be the same problem if the setting is contrary)

Still i've not understand by what it is caused, but as resolved, 1.7.6 will be released, due the all above that is already fixed, and something more ...
Seowebby
User w
User w

Post by Seowebby »

Hi!
Finally, after the last update of the W3All, the problem seems to be definitely resolved!

Thank you for all