Cross Domain Installation without Linked Users

lostlamb

Cross Domain Installation without Linked Users

Post by lostlamb »

I'm not sure if I'm reading the help files correctly, but I really don't know what I'm doing here.

My wordpress site is on domain www.yyy.com

The phpBB forum is on www.xxx.com (I'm not the owner of this site and do not have access to the config.php file)

All I want to do is pull latest posts and show them on my wordpress site. I've tried creating a custom config.php file in the setup but since I don't know any of the values of the config.php from xxx.com it won't accept the file as valid.

Is this even possible or do I need to know the contents of the file?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Cross Domain Installation without Linked Users

Post by axew3 »

Hello!
No, because last post widget retrieve data from db and without credentials to this db, that you'll go to set as values into a custom phpBB config, there is no way to display posts in this way:
if there is in phpBB a way to retrieve last posts without calling db, i will discover soon and return in reply here.

The same is valid for the iframe resizer, that need the js file to be added and included (and that need to reside), into the filesystem of pages/site you go to display inside the iframe.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

ok i've check this: wow phpBB do not come with a default RSS syndication. Or i've lost something?
If it was, then we could retrieve results and display, even without a valid phpBB config to retrieve posts data from db, but just from a txt file.
But it isn't by default, there are mods about RSS into phpBB at moment if i'm not wrong.
It would be easy to do in this way a script to achieve same results. This could be done, but whenever i will do for this plugin, i will do for a default phpBB native feature, that at moment seem to me not exist, WoW how this is possible!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

OH! MY GOD! sorry to who read for previous considerations
A new plugin shortcode is coming:
:D
There is default RSS in phpBB:
General syndication feeds settings
This module makes available various ATOM feeds, parsing any BBCode in posts to make them readable in external feeds.
going to do asap!

P.s but have this forum RSS enabled? If yes, then the joke is done.

[EDITED]

follow here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=928

[EDITED]