1.9.8 improvements, requests, fixes

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

1.9.8 improvements, requests, fixes

Post by axew3 »

Memo for the 1.9.8 release.

The last RSS shortcode need to be improved, because it allow to do many things with easy, and can be useful in 1001 ways.
It will so add inline style also for UL element and a better parse for the words_num parameter, that will work ok in any feed.

As it work on this online example, will be released for the iframe the v4 code.
It is possible to smooth scroll BEFORE to correct iframe re-position, or AFTER, without smooth scroll as it is on this online example at date of this post.

Thinking to code a widget that can display shortcodes within himself ... it is already possible? Do not know, i like stupid questions, sometime something good come out from stupid questions. So let explore if it is already possible/or already done by someone, or it is just a crazy impossible thing.
The code of many functions will start to change to be near the 2.0.0 release, that will definitively resolve some code aspect about how the entire main plugin class fire. Some queries improved.

Another aspect i would like to resolve right now instead, is the deletion of users.

As you may know if using the plugin, the best practice is that you need to delete users in wordpress, then eliminate in phpBB in one click, because those deleted WP users will results deactivated in phpBB. If you do the contrary (delete user in phpBB), then you have to remember these users and delete them also into wordpress.
I have to remove spam users here, and i become over the problem that it isn't so easy if done in wp side.
So i try to think to a solution, that will allow with easy to delete users via WordPress, if/when deleted in phpBB.
Or recognize in wordpress all users that haven't almost a post, or may filter by date.
A dedicated page in plugin wp admin, will be do this dirty easy job;
Two or three or more if useful, buttons:
show users in phpBB that have not almost a validated post
show users in phpBB that do not exists in wordpress
or may registered after specified date.
Then will be possible to see and control more easily this aspect: results will be selectable items to delete unwanted users in one click.
The default delete phpBB function is a pain in the as* to reproduce! Should exist a more comfortable way, even if it require to operate into the two distinct admins. This is the most problematic aspect of the integration, that we'll go to try to resolve at best it is possible.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: 1.9.8 improvements, requests, fixes

Post by axew3 »

The help syncro page to check users state between wordpress and phpBB, at moment i'm doing in this way:

1) check for users that haven't posts in phpBB and if they have or not any post in WP: but this result (posts count in wp) will be for default WP and not may extended to external plugins that manages posts in their own way, and not in WP native way. But would be easy to change and adapt/improve extending to use on any plugin. I need to see more deep this aspect.

2) check users that exists in WordPress, but not in phpBB

3) check users that mismatch in phpBB wordpress username/email

4) ....

in one page would be possible to execute all checks and fix all things about "integrated" users, having in one place all answers, and resolving with easy any possible conflict (even before to start the integration).
If any suggestion on what would be more useful, please follow in reply!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: 1.9.8 improvements, requests, fixes

Post by axew3 »

something like:
Screenshot_2019-03-22 w3all WP phpBB users check ‹ axew3 com — WordPress.png
Screenshot_2019-03-22 w3all WP phpBB users check ‹ axew3 com — WordPress.png (31.14 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
check for users with 0 posts in phpBB (and inform how many in WP)

another will be:
check for mismatching username/email

another will be:
check users that exists in WordPress, but not in phpBB

easy, fast, powerful.
Consider that with few clicks, i will resolve spam along two years here: i will may delete users in wordpress, so may i will leave those users deactivated in phpBB, then those usernames and emails will not be able anymore to register:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=939