wp_w3all iframe code v5: logs, requests

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

wp_w3all iframe code v5: logs, requests

Post by axew3 »

There are several fixes to do that i collected along the time, about iframe code.
Most important and valuable is that in some rare cases (links) if the user reload page, the page that load is the previous (despite it may was the "post a new topic/post page"). The same happen when an attachment downloaded.

I would like to provide also an option to choose between several preloaders for the iframe, and the possibility to switch the "infamous" w3 var with something else that anybody can exchange with something that may more like.

If i'm into an heaven site, i may would like the link like this:

Code: Select all

https://www.heaven.com/forum/?paradise= ....
instead of

https://www.heaven.com/forum/?w3= ....
... that's easy to switch to for experienced coders.
An option will resolve for all cool people instead.

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: wp_w3all iframe code v5: logs, requests

Post by axew3 »

fix overall_footer.html js code, to correctly reposition the iframe in certain conditions.
To fix this, it is required to just change this

// fix vertical iframe centered on viewtopic.php, preview or where # anchor etc (but skip on iOS)
var w3iOS = !!navigator.platform && /iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(navigator.platform);
if(w3iOS == false){
$(window).load(function() {
var bd = document.getElementsByTagName("body");
for (var i = 0; i < bd.length; i++) { 
    var bdID = bd[i].getAttribute("id"); 
}
var elt = document.getElementById(bdID);	
elt.setAttribute("style", "position:fixed;top:0%;left:0%;width:100%;margin:0px;");
});
}
into this:

// fix vertical iframe centered on viewtopic.php, preview or where # anchor etc (but skip on iOS)
var w3iOS = !!navigator.platform && /iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(navigator.platform);
if(w3iOS == false){
//$(window).load(function() {
var bd = document.getElementsByTagName("body");
for (var i = 0; i < bd.length; i++) { 
    var bdID = bd[i].getAttribute("id"); 
}
var elt = document.getElementById(bdID);	
elt.setAttribute("style", "position:fixed;top:0%;left:0%;width:100%;margin:0px;");
//});
}
or into phpBB 3.3.0 it return js error. It will be switched like this, because it execute fine without $(window).load(function() { that's completely not useful at this time of the code execution flow.

v4 iframe code for cool people has been already fixed about this.
https://www.axew3.com/w3/2019/12/phpbb- ... iframe-v4/
zawin

Post by zawin »

Hello axew3,
do you think that is possible to change ?w3= links with "fancy URLs". It is important for SEO.

I have currently these fancy URL on my phpBB forum:

www.something.com/forum/my-topic-name-t12345.html
or

www.something.com/forum/my-forum-name-f13.html
Thank you!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Hello! Yes! It will be changed, as said from long time, and as posted before:
I would like to provide also an option to choose between several preloaders for the iframe, and the possibility to switch the "infamous" w3 var with something else that anybody can exchange with something that may more like.
BUT look
about SEO: this not change nothing: the iframe joke, is totally SEO as phpBB is, spiders just see phpBB real urls, they are TOTALLY EXCLUDED by the iframe joke, and you do not need to take care about this.
I can explain again the thing, but it has been explained elsewhere for times now and i'm sorry to not be explaining in details again.
A stupid example, try to search this on google:
axew3.com/forums
forums is in effect the real folder/url where this forum is installed. This spiders see.
Look links that are pointing to real phpBB urls, while if you click into, you're redirected to iframed forum ... until you have js active on browser!
A spider may do not follow javascript to index pages! That's the joke.
/forum/ is just a wp black page in wp, and spiders just see this, a blank page with nothing inside, except an iframe that will point ever, to phpBB index page.
May something on this site axew3.com under /forum/ has been indexed in the past, because the workaround i've long time think to, was still not applied.

Widgets and shortcodes links: again, point your mouse over and stop:
look on browser bottom/left the appearing url: the real phpBB url. Now Click. You're redirected to iframed.
or move then the mouse out of the link, and return over with pointer: you see now the iframed url. This is Javascript-

The above you mention, so, remain like a cosmetic thing that is an absolute to add. I fully agree with! ;)

This time i will be over, not like last year, more often to improve the plugin, rebuilding code, and moving it to the next step.
I'm sorry for last bug about added users into phpBB with date 1 1 1970, fixed yesterday, for which i will provide a more fix on next version, to setup correctly the registration date for these "in the while the bug was on since 2.0.5" eventual registered phpBB users, in case someone not able to do it manually (of course, it should not be a task of an user that just want a working plugin, and not become crazy on fixing issue it may cause). I will just provide a button option, into wp_w3all tasks page.
Together with this requirement about iframe for long time scheduled and never applied. And more!

In the while, please report if any bug, that so will be immediately resolved
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

It is may needed to add this on top of the page-forum.php (or whatever you named it), so this:

<?php 
/**
 * The default template to display content for WP_w3all embedded phpBB (or anything else)
 * @package WordPress
 * @subpackage wp_w3all
 * @V4 JS -> https://www.axew3.com/w3/2018/12/phpbb-wordpress-template-integration-iframe-v4/
 */
// axew3.com //
should may be changed to this:

<?php 
/**
Template Name: Forum
Template Post Type: post, page, reusablesections
 * The default template to display content for WP_w3all embedded phpBB (or anything else)
 * @package WordPress
 * @subpackage wp_w3all
 * @V4 JS -> https://www.axew3.com/w3/2018/12/phpbb-wordpress-template-integration-iframe-v4/
 */
// axew3.com //
After (or before) you build the page-forum, and then going creating the blank page in WordPress named as needed, into right menu, where:
Page Attributes - Template
will be available the template Forum.

The above can be applied by anyone without waiting for iframe v5 code or next page-forum update.

P.s Do not forget please: report bugs if you found! REPORT, it will be immediately fixed. Help on maintain the integration fully working!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

phpBB print view directly into iframe, and not opened into _blank page? added on queue for v5 ...

and: something more will be added to help on install the integration, for those people that still do not have understand that the installer user, (id1 or not), need to have the same correspondent user into phpBB (even if for the wp uid1 and phpBB uid2 the option to be not linked is present).