Password change problem

jambo
User ww
User ww

Re: Password change problem

Post by jambo »

Sorry for getting back to you so late! I was working other small issues on the site and because the password integration was working I never checked back here.

Now that the site looks good and the number issues are almost zero I came back to check what I missed and saw this.

I made those changes and it still works fine. I did not remove the changes I made to the plugin and will keep them there because I that since Wordpress calls those functions in that order, so should the plugin.

The plugin I am using is "Paid Memberships Pro" and it works very good with your phpbb integration!

I am going to wait a few weeks to upgrade to 2.3.6 for all theater issues to calm down.

Thank you for everything!!!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Password change problem

Post by axew3 »

Hello! On 2.3.6
add_action( 'after_password_reset', 'wp_w3all_wp_after_password_reset', 10, 2 );
has been switched to add_action( 'password_reset', 'wp_w3all_wp_after_password_reset', 10, 2 );
because on many front-end plugins, after_password_reset simply do not fire.

I tested some plugin that was not working before, that now works fine on 2.3.6.
Some bug resolved, and more fixes coming on 2.3.7.
2.3.6 resolve any password problem, eliminate the use of Bcript plugin's library, and switch to native Php functions.
It is working fine without problems tested until Php 7.4.7.

You can always return back to old plugin code because there are not database changes since several versions now, and this will be for long time in the future also. So you can save your modified version, and return back just replacing plugins files.
Or may apply the modification you did into 2.3.6, that resolve more bugs from 2.3.5.
See you soon, cheers!