Users logged out after a few moments

Furious

Users logged out after a few moments

Post by Furious »

Hi there,

Amazing plugin! We are having some issues and hoping you'll be able to help on our site at https://barrens.chat/
We have phpbb installed at the root of the domain and WP installed in a subdirectory called /content/
Currently all logins and registration are done through phpbb and it works mostly.

Users can browse the forums and post with no issue, however when they click a menu item or link to Wordpress it takes them to their profile page in wp-admin: /content/wp-admin/profile.php

They can click back and click the link again and it will take them to the correct page, but after a few minutes of browsing the site they are logged out of both phpbb and Wordpress.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Users logged out after a few moments

Post by axew3 »

i see that the site when i login in phpBB then i go to wp, it login me in wp side, but after a loop that rewrite each time phpBB session, and follow doing this any time i navigate or reload any wp page.
And for some obscure reason, both wp and phpBB cookies reset, the user is logged out.
The problem seem to me is so caused by something in wp frontend side.
Infact, it is confirmed by the fact that if i reload or navigate between wordpress user's profile page links, the session do not reload.
As soon i navigate to wp front end pages, the session start to reload, and the user appear to be logged out, even if logged in, then i refresh and result logged in, cookies reloaded and released, and following navigating wp pages cookie session keep on reload and reload, page after page, until a suddenly logout.

It is strange, i assume it is given by some other plugin that interact with wp users logins/sessions? It is not normal that the session cookies reload and reload on wp frontend and not in wp user's profile, you should discover which plugin cause this, may let know if you are using something about users, that run in wp frontend
Furious

Post by Furious »

Hey, appreciate the quick feedback!

The only two plugins that have anything to do with user permissions I disabled:
Hide Admin Bar From Front End (to hide admin bar)
Toolset Access (to allow users to submit and edit their own content without being an author)

I can try disabling more plugins, any thoughts on the workflow? For example would I disable, clear cache, purge sessions, etc or do you think we could just disable and try.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

If there is a cache plugin, you should may disable while testing and before to disable others, maybe it is relevant, may not, but it depend so to be sure try to disable cache plugin.
Then when you disable plugins to check what's going on about sessions, are you able to see into the browser console and look when you reload a wp front end page, if session cookies rewrite or not?
Furious

Post by Furious »

I set the Cloudflare cache to development mode, disabled every plugin that has anything to do with users, cleared all browser data and it looks like it's still changing the session ID in the cookies.

Is there any way I could pay you to take a look in the backend and see if we have something misconfigured?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Sending you a pm