ACP Link Is out Of Order

DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Re: ACP Link Is out Of Order

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

That read was pretty good and it sounds like it will be fantastic!

I do have 1 more minor issue remaining with redirect. When I attempt to leave my ACP and I click Board Index I get the "The requested page could not be found." message when I get back on the main forum in my iframe. Otherwise everything is in tip top shape now.

I do not have the overall header or overall footer Java code in the ACP files just as a note for you to get an idea of my files.
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

When I attempt to leave my ACP and I click Board Index I get the "The requested page could not be found.
When on ACP, if you point the mouse into the link to the forum index, it return something like this:

Code: Select all

https://www.axew3.com/w3/forums/index.php?sid=575758d1ee048d0c4ba84666c8d90aea
then the js code, try to remove the ?sid=... part from passed url.
So something goes wrong with this and the passed url is wrong in your case?
What kind of link do you have if you point mouse over Board index link into ACP?
It is may a stupid question, it look like the above?

If on acp, and you digit the real board url index manually on browser address, and you open the link, it works fine?
I assume yes, then the problem should be that something goes wrong with the js code that remove the sid=... part from url.

The line about this, except on page-forum(or whatever you named it).php is again into the overall_header code, that should be the one responsible i think, the line is this:

var w3all_r = window.location.href.replace(/sid=.+/gi, '');
so lines to change to avoid the sid cleanup are

var w3all_r = window.location.href.replace(/sid=.+/gi, '');
 w3all_r = w3all0Normalize_phpBBUrl(w3all_r);
change into

//var w3all_r = window.location.href.replace(/sid=.+/gi, '');
 var w3all_r = w3all0Normalize_phpBBUrl(w3all_r);
assuming that this is the problem, since it is the first time reported

There are also some problems with this, when you load a WP page, while logged into ACP. The session rewrite and do not match because the sid is no longer passed. And ACP works only with sid. The sid passed into base64 encoded url, may can lead to security problems, if someone copy the encoded url and may paste it to link a forum's post. But it is an acceptable risk if users with privileges, know this, and avoid this behavior.

p.s After 2.4.0 plugin release, will be the time for the new iframe V6 code that will fix several things, included the above
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

I sincerely appreciate the help.

I believe I may have solved it ahead of time. I attempted to edit my post but forum would not allow. My apologies. For some strange reason, my forums were using www in the url's and my website did not like that (usually it is not an issue). SO I cleaned up all instances I could find of anything adding www to any url's and so far so good. I have surfed my website since I last posted that and thus far, no page can not be found errors.

Before I add any widgets or anything to my website I shall have a go at making it look better graphics wise and simply add forum categories and threads just for testing reasons ( so I don't add anymore code) to see if the issue arises again. If so, I will come back and give your latest help a try.
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley