mChat Integration Woes

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: mChat Integration Woes

Post by axew3 »

Ops, but it refer to V4 or even V3 code!
Do not consider it, going to look the procedure, the code should work fine without nothing else but as mentioned above on this post.
Going to fix
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

OK thanks. I'll take a look into it again. I appreciate your input and time helping me out with this.

I did get mchat installed and working successfully on my website but strangely enough I get no widgets or shortcodes of any type to work at all. Maybe I have settings wrong in the admin panel. The only widgets I got to work so far are recent forum topics widget and w3all login widget. All others are a no go including mchat.

I am going to double and triple check everything I have done thus far. Once again, thank you so much for you valuable help. If you wish to see my url to my website I can share. I was a little reluctant to post here as I did not want you to feel as I was shamelessly plugging my website.
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

I return with good news 90%. I have all working almost. The widget there is no prosilver header or footer but only chat as supposed to be, on my chat page the chat is there with no header or footer as supposed to as well. However 2 things exist.

1. My mChat Iframe will not resize on widget or chat page.
2. If I attempt to just use a toggle button like you have donehere , I can not get a button to appear at all no matter what I try. I can not get that short code to work.

Here is my website if you wish to take a look. I will turn on chat visible to non logged in users. My Website

You can see the widget I put up on every page but the home page and obviously you will easily find the chat page. :) If I manage to figure it out the rest of the way, I will come back and edit this post.

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Here we go: i've got the same problem, activating on same page, widget and shortcode.
Resizer do not will work, because the iframe ID assigned, will be found the same:

so to resolve this, i just opened
/views/wp_w3all_phpbb_mchat_short.php
file, and where
<iframe id="w3all_phpbb_mchat_iframe"
change the ID to something else, like adding a 0 for example, so the id will be unique:
<iframe id="w3all_phpbb_mchat_iframe0"

but it is secondary problem that only come out if more than one iframe found on page, so a stupid fix for shortcode + widget on same page: +- impossible situation. It is not your problem in this case, the problem into your example install is:

Code: Select all

w3all_phpbb_mchat_iframe:404:819:init. This error can be disabled by setting the checkOrigin: false option or by providing of array of trusted domains.
array of allowed domains is not correctly passed
to make the long story short,

/views/wp_w3all_phpbb_mchat_short.php
and
/views/wp_w3all_phpbb_mchat.php

have been patched, to correctly pass array of allowed domains.

Could you test, please, these new files versions, into your install?
The zip contain both files, that need to replace same files, into folder
/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/views/

you can download both patched files directly on repository:
https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/brow ... runk/views

or download this attach that contain both (same) files:
views.zip
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Thanks for the reply. I will test them files out for you on my install. I apologize for trying both shortcode and widget at the same time. I did not put thought to it when I attempted it.

I did just remove one and tried the other and either way I went, the widget nor the shortcode iframe would resize. I'll go give your fixes a try real quick.

DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

I tried your files and I can use the frame on the page or post successfully. I can remove it and only use a widget in the sidebar if I wish as well. I then tried both as suggested to try and it worked as well successfully. Everything shows and resizes accordingly now. Nicely done on them fixes!

The only thing I cannot get to work is the Toggle Button in the lower right hand corner like on your sample page. I did activate the custom css file as instructed too and still a no go on the toggle button.