Interference with Simple Ajax Chat

WilboBaggins
User w
User w

Interference with Simple Ajax Chat

Post by WilboBaggins »

Hello,

I recently installed WordPress w3all PhpBB Integration plugin and it works great. I did not choose to integrate users or any advanced options, only to display recent posts in the sidebar widget.

Unfortunately, I noticed that the "Simple Ajax Chat" plugin stopped working. It does not display recent chats nor allows new chats to be posted. If I disable the w3all PhpBB Integration plug-in, the chat function works again.

I can't figure out exactly what is causing the Simple Ajax Chat to stop working when the w3all plugin is activated.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Interference with Simple Ajax Chat

Post by axew3 »

The problem, is that the plugin mix db connection vars, so it is EVER better USE the custom phpBB config.php

And this is typical one example of this scenario with this plugin (as well with several other plugins, that instantiate calls to the wp db, in different order (after) on the stack):
NOTE: use the custom config.php file to get WP_w3all easy to be installed on subdomains, and/or for compatibility with some external plugin: it isn't strictly required, but for example, some images gallery plugin that instantiate new db connections in different order, require to choose the custom config.php on WP_w3all to work as expected.
On plugin admin, where path setting:
Custom config.php and path setting to config.php file how to: you can choose to use/include a custom config.php file OR the phpBB root config.php file. If you want to use/include the custom config.php, set the correct path to it after you have completed this procedure:
https://www.axew3.com/w3/2016/09/how-to ... -and-path/

it is REQUIRED to use the custom config.php in this case!

Good point to be improved once for all, on next coming 2.4>
WilboBaggins
User w
User w

Re: Interference with Simple Ajax Chat

Post by WilboBaggins »

Thanks for the quick response! I did the custom config.php set up and both plug-ins are now working!