WordPress phpBB integration 2.4.0-dev

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: WordPress phpBB integration 2.4.0-dev01

Post by axew3 »

Hard testing night here, it's Saturday night fever!
Please read also my previous post, where there is a question (... let remember that any suggestion by anyone is appreciated)

Tested some registration and pass change, account activation etc, between a wp user and a phpBB user going to register or to be added etc.
Also tested a new registration and logout, and all seem to work fine while into subsite and main, via default wp mums and with front end plugin.
Things with wp-user-frontend that still do not work, and that i've test, is the autologin of the user after registration, if option set into wp-user-frontend plugin. Do not work at moment, the user will have to login by the way. May it use a custom var/hook for it, since wp do not offer this option by default if i'm not wrong, so a custom addition to make it work fine the autologin will be necessary.

ANd the issue you reported, after first login (that i'm going to check how to resolve and by what it depend)
Check LAST POSTS in reply for last development releases
pennymachines
User www
User www

Re: WordPress phpBB integration 2.4.0-dev0

Post by pennymachines »

8-) :) :D
axew3 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:09 pm do you think would be better to add users to all blogs when they register, or just in one?
For my purposes, adding users to all blogs would be good, but others will, no doubt, have different requirements. So options in mums to 'Register with this blog only' or 'Automatically register with all blogs' would be best I think. Maybe, as you suggest, the default should be 'Register with this blog only'.

I will now test and report back on latest dev.
pennymachines
User www
User www

Re: WordPress phpBB integration 2.4.0-dev

Post by pennymachines »

Add user via WP admin in subsites now working. :D
The issue after logout of frontend-created accounts remains (as you know/expect).
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

pennymachines wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:25 pm Add user via WP admin in subsites now working. :D
The issue after logout of frontend-created accounts remains (as you know/expect).
Wow finally ... also the last one here above has been resolved ... Waiting for your "Yes it work!"
Really hope that all about this has been covered now. Please let know!
For my purposes, adding users to all blogs would be good, but others will, no doubt, have different requirements. So options in mums to 'Register with this blog only' or 'Automatically register with all blogs' would be best I think. Maybe, as you suggest, the default should be 'Register with this blog only'.
can be added as feature, "add users to all blogs", based on a define (to be added with the one required when in mums on wp-config-php)

pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

New dev installed and tested.

Sorry to report that damn stubborn problem remains! I think we are both tearing our hair out now...

The User is successfully registered from the frontend (Profile Builder), clicks the activation link in the email and the account is activated. The User can log on in WP and phpBB, but as soon as they log off they cannot log on again ('Wrong username or password').

The account exists in WP and phpBB, but I can only make it work by going into the WP admin and manually resetting the password (which is OK if I happen to know the user's password).
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

The User is successfully registered from the frontend (Profile Builder), clicks the activation link in the email and the account is activated. The User can log on in WP and phpBB, but as soon as they log off they cannot log on again ('Wrong username or password').
Ok! sorry, i assume it is a misunderstanding by me: i was testing the thing into reset-password and not when new user register.
The same was happening when user resetting his password.
And finally i've put eyes into all mums functions.
Honestly i do not why, i coded mums part the way it is. It was wrong some aspect and i'm surprised that anyway all was working fine except this.

So rebuilt on fly, since it has been obvious where the problem was.
Away to be perfect, mums new fixes should make all work fine, also under this aspect.
By the way, i will take the time to review any mums aspect more deeply, rebuilding something else about some other function.

My hairs starts to fall after reading your answer :D
here we go ahead!