WordPress phpBB integration 2.4.0-dev

pennymachines
User www
User www

Re: WordPress phpBB integration 2.4.0-dev

Post by pennymachines »

Sorry to be bringing bad news again Alessio.

Still no change I'm afraid after installing dev3. Same problem.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Mh ... strange because it was and is working here, even if a value for password to be updated was wrong (but maybe into your configuration/environment was leading to fail the pass update).

Now it is ok, almost for what i had the time to test out, all ok since dev-03 into default WP MUMS, and, like before, i try to (just to be sure we are on same page):

register with WPuser frontend plugin you use, using his registration forontend page.
The user is immediately activated (no email sent nor activation required) then i log in. Then i logout, re-login, logout and re-login, all ok. I see that all is ok into db rows, and all answer as required.
I have also test a new registration of the user via this plugin, while another user with same email registered in phpBB.
This plugin do not fire wp hooks when add a new wp user, i assume it use his own hooks (which i have not check for), so the user were added in wp, despite it was existent phpBB user, with different username, but same email. That's not good.
The same happen when a new site created by admin. BUt this is the unique case that need to be resolved on default mums, almost it seem at moment.

So the code has been patched, temporary into this dev-04 that contain also this fix to resolve the issue with this or others plugins, and return error if it happen, and avoid wp user's addition.
These actual code additions will not be part of the main 2.4.0 released plugin, but provided as single features/options, because if plugins do not fire normal wp hooks, they may will not work properly.
Check LAST POSTS in reply for last development releases
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

axew3 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:25 am ... i try to (just to be sure we are on same page):

register with WPuser frontend plugin you use, using his registration forontend page.
The user is immediately activated (no email sent nor activation required) then i log in. Then i logout, re-login, logout and re-login, all ok.
No. I'm using the "Email Confirmation" Activated: Yes in Profile Builder.

I have to use this setting to verify registrations, otherwise I get bombarded with dozens of Spam accounts every day.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

i forgotten this aspect, that you use mixed with this other:
installed and activated Profile builder,
and after installed profile builder, i activated the option confirm email, into plugin's admin of the subsite,
then i use a wpuser-frontend page as before to register a test user.
Unfortunately, when i register, the user is like before immediately added, the email is not sent out, and the user can login.
What i forgotten that need to be activated and how, to configure all as you are doing?
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

It's under the Profile Builder / Settings / General Settings tab: "Email Confirmation" Activated: Yes
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Yes, but it work only if you activate related registration Profile builder [wppb-register] shortcode into a page, which i assume you did the same.
It is also set the option, User accounts may be registered into main network settings, as explained into Profile builder plugin docs about this, that i've read on fly, so i hope to had understand correctly the meaning

Then i go to my registration page, containing the profile builder registration form.
The autologin option is set to off (do not know, not tested, if ti change or not something going to check right now)..
I register the user, then i login, after activated it, then i logout (i see pass hash is the same at this time, both on wo and phpBB so all ok), the i re-login etc.
All working fine:

Check LAST POSTS in reply for last development releases