WordPress phpBB integration 2.4.0-dev

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: WordPress phpBB integration 2.4.0-dev

Post by axew3 »

Hi Ray, just over in the night to fix something and doing some tests
Here in attach, let name it, the RC1, latest i'm over.

It resolve many aspects that have been fixed, especially about usernames and email lowercase/Uppercase, login flows, correct messages when errors occurs etc etc.

Many things changed, i hope that still there are not much errors.
Transfer processes is the part i patched, but without testing it so far, and that i'm sure i have to fix more, so may skip it whenever you have the idea to proceed on it, this part still need to be checked

[attach removed]
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

I'm sorry, often is late night when i come on for answers, so i removed the attachment of rc1 because after i've find out many errors and fixes to be applied.
I applied, and while doing, i realized that:
probably, the 2.4.0 will support any phpBB user addition, with any char, and the integration will work for users even if usernames different because ...
i realized a thing that maybe now can result clear, big like the sun ... but i have not think on until now:

IF AN USER IS LOGGED IN, due to login on phpBB or wordpress, then:
THERE IS the phpBB USER ID STORED INTO the PHPBB COOKIE and a SESSION userID

What stupidity, to not think on this before lovely and cool people.
The concept of the resolved problem is about email/usernames pairs that are not matching when an update occur on profile.
With a phpBB id on hands into wordpress side, we can do magic and FAST things when user is logged in!

2.4.0 is coming, little more time to test and fix all based on this concept.
It will be awesome
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Hello.

I have been very busy in life lately but I just now got the file and am going to install it on my local host server and test it out as best I can. I will be more than happy to report back what I find. ;)
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

2.4.0 will support by default, latin and cyrillic, but it can be switched with easy to become compatible with any alphabets.
And should resolve with easy any previous issue.

2.4.0 important considerations are here, please if testing, consider what here reported:
https://www.axew3.com/w3/forums/viewtop ... f=2&t=1598

If integrating leaving users register into phpBB, and leaving phpBB to accept any char for usernames, consider the above, and lately, the fact that an existent username like this in phpBB $£$$%% is NOT added into wordpress, because after sanitized by wordpress, it return an empty value, so the wp user's addition fail, and as code is on this RC1, simply do not add the user nor display any message to him. Going to fix this today.
User's transfers options still needs to be fixed, so please do not consider this part while testing.

2.4.0 change a lot, and if configured as suggested, lead to awesome results, not all immediately arguable.

2.4.0 i'm working on, that will be deeply tested into default wp now, then with buddypress and mums again, is this:

Check LAST POSTS in reply for last development releases
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

So a quick question that has come up;

On most installs people tend to create a new admin WordPress user after the initial install, give the original admins posts and comments to the new admin and then the original admin is deleted from the WordPress system. Is that at all possible with this plugin?

I thought about it originally when I installed the last version on my production site but I never asked. But now I am real curious as I test this new version out.

Oh, for the record here is my test environment stats:

WAMP Server

MySQL: 5.7.28
MariaDB: 10.4.10
php : 7.4
Apache 2.4.41

WordPress 5.5.3
phpBB 3.3.2

Thanks for your hard work on this. I really enjoy using it and getting to test it as well.

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

Please disregard my last post. I actually figured out how to accomplish the task I asked about. As it stands it is not possible to do unless the admin swap is done prior to installing phpBB3. This can be done in any version of this plugin. How silly of me to not realize this. Oops lol