w3all - phpBB Audio and Video to Post extension is coming ...

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

w3all - phpBB Audio and Video to Post extension is coming ...

Post by axew3 »

Download here:
viewtopic.php?p=5240#p5240

Just started to add all as a real phpBB extension require, following phpBB extensions rules.
Audio only will be mp3, audio/video will be webm format.

How to add these audio/video to posts?
I intended to add it via an icon into post editor. Onclick the recorder should display, then you can record audio or audio/video.
When all ready, onsubmit, on the post will be inserted the related audio/video, like an attachment.

Should exist a button, to play all topic's media sequentially or as single. But this is the easy part. The hard is the one that should insert the post with required data, and manage things in the background.

As ever, things will change along the coding devel time.
i will follow on write what's going on next replies here.

Any suggestion welcome, because there is a way, but many other streets can go same direction.

Stay tuned lovely and cool people.

Mh, may also these will change ... but Can you see that there are two news buttons on the editor here?
videoAudioToPost.png
videoAudioToPost.png (13.06 KiB) Viewed 4409 times
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: w3all - phpBB Audio and Video to Post extension is coming ...

Post by axew3 »

i'm over the setting of permissions to execute tasks.
the adopted way is an iframe popup, even if would be possible to add the code directly on page.
we'll see how will be finalized. uncertain on how it is better to proceed at moment.
mh, may both ways will be provided, since it is quite easy to switch to one or other.

It will be possible to listen what has been recorded before to insert into the post
The post will add a button to play audio/video also sequentially, if there are more than one, like a telegram or whatsapp conversation.
Files are recorded as mp3 compressed
An option to limit each recording audio time will be provided
what other can be useful?
we'll see.
So we can start to use phpBB as we never had think it would be possible.

It is incredibly light as you can't believe, standalone, non intrusive (do not change 1 single db record in phpBB).
Fast and secure.
Stay tuned, it will be cool!
Post a new topicREC1.png
Post a new topicREC1.png (13.49 KiB) Viewed 4399 times
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

i'm over these days on finish with Audio/Video recorder into phpBB posts extension.
So we can start to use the phpBB forum as never we had think it could be.
Easy, unbelievable light, allowing to record mp3 for audio and webm for video, that can be recorded directly on post.
You can listen the result, then just click to insert the audio or video into the post as attachment.
It will be possible to play and listen each single audio, but also a button to listen/play all topic's audio video sequentially, like you would do into a telegram/whatsapp message will be provided (that's quite easy as concept: you'll not believe that all this would be possible without changing/adding nothing into phpBB events and code). phpBB contain all the necessary by default.
I'm sure that many will love it.

About video:
Unfortunately, webm is still not completely supported on ios safari?
Time ago i did a video/audio recorder plugin for wordpress (it is still working fine here on my localhost under last wp5.6 and even php8, but i never released as free, i will do when asap i will have the time to review the code i did years ago), and for video i had to install ffmpeg on server to convert streams into mp4, the unique video format supported by all browsers.
Well, the extension ideally will provide both solutions: more advanced could install and use ffmpeg, but the default will be webm.
Just charging my old ipad, i will update and test things on it to check where we are with webm on safari in 2021.

p.s yes checked, webm is still unsupported into ios: tested firefox and safari, both not working, webm is not recognized
erelash_mf

Post by erelash_mf »

Hello
Woow, I wanted this ext.

Where to save this voice. In forum's host? Usually forum site's host storage is small. I think this extension must be has 2 settings for save. 1- our host, 2-external host then connect link to another host.

Or 2 settings post auto delete settings, no delete

And "upload icon" has quick post reply area. Because now people like simple things.

Sorry, my english is not good
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

This night the code of the raw version has been completed and i have a version fully working into my localhost.
Stopped going to bed and thinking on this you say.

Has not been easy to make it work under any aspect, now a button to play all audio into topics (so you can play a single but also sequentially all audio that belong to a topic) will be next feature to add.
I worried about "who can use"? feature, I had think i need to learn how phpBB implement this aspect: i just discovered that skeleton extension do this by his own, so i will not have to care about this aspect that will be implemented. User's permission on use this feature.

So i read this while i'm just over this point this morning: what you say is right. even if audio files are mp3 compressed, many messages can compromise server's capabilities. An mp3 file with no data at all, just 2 or 3 seconds, is done by several bytes, like a little jpg image. We can imagine that with audio of some minutes the required space on server will become may a problem at some point when their number will increase. And to not speak about video: video will be also more intensive.

So. what i will see to adjust will be:
1) how long in seconds a recorded audio can be
2) and this that you say: a way to save those files audio and video, into another server
i assume that the second point is necessary. My host say i have unlimited space here, anyway, the point "save files into another server" make a sense. Unlimited mean nothing. It is a stupid assertion. So let start code this aspect and i will report soon how it is going on.
erelash_mf

Post by erelash_mf »

First of all, I wish you success in this ext. I'm learning to write code lol. This is my site www.mfc.mn. My brother helped me, and now it's time for me to do it myself.
I think if your ext is done in a similar way to imgur, looks like imgur

Or do the same with facebook messenger, today's people like simple things.

I have ideas for improving the forum site. "Audio post ext" is a big step forward. It's also a good idea to link your website to a mobile app.

Bulletin mobile app is very cool.