User Keep Logging out from Wordpress

fredfunky

User Keep Logging out from Wordpress

Post by fredfunky »

Hello all,

i was searching so long for a plugin to connect wp with phpbb. I think with your plugin i found what i was searching for. But i have a problem. Installation and moving member to the phpbb worked great. But now I and the wp users keep logging out wordpress. As soon someone logs in to wp they get logged out when they change the page. This happened after I installed the plugin. So when someone wants changes to the forum page, they are not logged in, because they are already logged out before they get there. For my admin account it worked great at the start. But i also now getting logged out of wp now. Hope you can help.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: User Keep Logging out from Wordpress

Post by axew3 »

It seem to be cookie setting problem, where WP do not recognize phpBB cookies.
When an user login on WP, until in admin ok, wp_w3all do not check for cookie and logged in user (as until now plugin work), when front-end is opened, the user is logged out...
How is set cookie setting on phpBB? / ?
Are you installing on same domain?
fredfunky

Post by fredfunky »

My Froum is on a Subdomain forum.myhomepage.com and my WP Homepage on www.myhomepage.com. I dont know what you mean with "Are you installing on same domain?" My phpbb and wp installation are sharing the same filesystem. The Cookie settings on phpBB is -> Cookie-Domain: .myhomepage.com. The Cookie path it just a single fraction slash /
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

yes this i mean: your is a subdomain install (if my definition is correct, as you should know... sorry for my Eng) ...
you need to allow cookies to be available also on subdomain, and as on install procedure described for subdomain installs:
If your installations are on subdomains, about phpBB integrations and subdomains, you should also read this three help posts about phpBB cookie setting, phpBB external login redirect, and correct file inclusions on subdomains:
configure-phpbb-for-cookie-on-subdomains/
external phpBB login redirect
disable open_basedir in your php.ini