Post by axew3 »

ps about date format just checked and fixed on fly:
it has been just required to switch this code

Code: Select all

date_i18n( 'H:i Y-m-d',
into

date_i18n( get_option( 'date_format' ),
on related /views/ last topics and shortcodes files.

I've detected a bug anyway about another thing, that is about on files, the code associate by usernames, while since the integration is by email, something need to swapped to get ever the right result.
So thank you for your hint, as you can see have been resolved 2 bugs more together into coming 2.5.0, only with this!
floxshifu
User www
User www

Re: Are you ready for the 2.5.0 show!?

Post by floxshifu »

Guest wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:48 pm Hi,

Is it possible to add a setting for the WP Widget on "Last posts", to manage how is displayed the date/hour format? Just add several options in a roll menu with the differents forms for date/hour ?

I don't know if I'm very clear and if you see what I mean... :oops:
It was my message, but I wasn't logged in... ^^

Thank you for your answer!

Another suggestion : I can help to translate the plugin in french, not everything but at least, the widgets (login/last posts) and some part of the admin part. Because I tried to change the language file but it's not wroking, I don't understand why, so I must translate in the .php files, and at each update I have to do it again and again... So, a "fr" language file is maybe the solution.

And there is a login problem on the 2.4.9 version, when you tried to login directly on the login forum page, it's not working. We must log in through the WPw3 login widget. Weird...
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Hello dear! :D
As you can see it work here and should into your. But if it is not, let me know because so it could be a bug into code somewhere, even i do not think it is possible.
The unique reason that when you login in phpBB and then you are not recognized into wp side, mean that the cookie released by phpBB is not correctly recognized into wp side by the plugin code. While the cookie released by the plugin in wordpress, is recognized by phpBB.
I assume that you'd setup the correct phpBB cookie setting, and the Remember Me" login key expiration length (in days) setting, and the path to /
assuming that these 3 settings in phpBB are ok, your result is strange :?:
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

p.s
all shortcodes and widgets files, so substantially all files on plugin /views folder being rewritten to be easy and complete.

About date suggestion, the result will be the same as it has been set about time and date format, to render the same as it is been set in WP admin general settings. Resulting code lines about this into output files will be something like this:

echo "<li class=\"".$w3all_lastopics_style_li_class."\"><table style=\"border-spacing:0;border-collapse:collapse;vertical-align:middle;margin:0;border:0;\"><tr><td style=\"border:0;width:".$w3all_last_t_avatar_dim."px;\">".$w3all_avatar_display."</td><td style=\"border:0;width:auto\"><a href=\"$w3all_url_to_cms/viewtopic.php?f=$value->forum_id&amp;t=$value->topic_id&amp;p=$value->post_id#p$value->post_id\">$value->topic_title</a> ".$w3all_post_state_ru."<br />". __( 'by ' , 'wp-w3all-phpbb-integration' )." $value->topic_last_poster_name<br />". date_i18n( $dateformat, $value->topic_last_post_time + ( 3600 * $gmtoffset) ) ." at ". date_i18n( $timeformat, $value->topic_last_post_time + ( 3600 * $gmtoffset) ) ."</td></tr></table></li>\n";
you can see
date format and time format:

date_i18n( $dateformat, $value->topic_last_post_time + ( 3600 * $gmtoffset) ) ." at ". date_i18n( $timeformat, $value->topic_last_post_time + ( 3600 * $gmtoffset) )
result will be something like (based on wp default setting you choose):
by floxshifu
December 10, 2021 at 8:16 am
on top of the file, outside the foreach, we'll put these:

$dateformat = get_option('date_format');
$gmtoffset = get_option( 'gmt_offset' );
$timeformat = get_option( 'time_format' );
well, since these vars are used then by all shortcodes and widgets, may we'll put these 3 on top of wp_w3all.php like all others main vars, then passed into functions as globals.

We'll have all as it is required, according to what time format and date format is set into wp main settings -> general
and it will be easily changeable by anyone
a) via admin
b) just opening files and changing as more like

ps. these are long time needed changes, to have a default plugin that fit any need.
But the MOST IMPORTANT coming feature that return is that the plugin, return or become compatible about email changes, for ALL front end plugins profile pages.
The integration will bring again the most important feature.
floxshifu
User www
User www

Post by floxshifu »

axew3 wrote:I assume that you'd setup the correct phpBB cookie setting, and the Remember Me" login key expiration length (in days) setting, and the path to /
assuming that these 3 settings in phpBB are ok, your result is strange :?:
Oops, my setting in "Remember Me" was on "0" / I switched to 365 days and it seems working, sorry !

About the date format, in France we have a date like "Posté le 15 janvier à 18H30 par flox" (you maybe translate it by : "posted the 15th january at 6:30pm by flox") we don't have the same date format :lol: BUT I will wait the 2.5.0 update, it's not really important for now !
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

It is coming, i'm on the rush to want to finish, but something took me away along all this morning and afternoon time. Going to apply to all files the modifications as required, all will be very easy.

About language file:
Beside the fact that many strings are not added into plugin as should be, main phrases are all into plugin admin pages, so that the main problem would be to add all these phrases into admin files (example)

echo __('<p style="padding:30px;background-color:#fff;color:#000;font-size:1.3em"><strong>Notice: your forum username contains illegal characters not allowed in this system or contains more than 50 characters.<br />Please contact an administrator.</strong></p>', 'wp-w3all-phpbb-integration');

and not like just an echo that is not then recognized as string to be translated.
Very easy but annoying!
I know that the language file have some problem. Going to try to understand how to fix this rebuilding it.
Let you know asap about this!