Re: 2.5.1 released, and coming 2.5.2 logs

Post by floxshifu »

I cant' help you about attachment and shortcodes, unfortunatelly... sorry :|
madoma73
User ww
User ww

Post by madoma73 »

it's why I was not able to do it on myself !
it's actually not so simple :-)

Thanks to work on it :-)
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

It was finally very simple.
The function will return exactly the same result as into a phpBB post.
The problem was that i had not understand how phpBB was recognizing attachments to display inline attachments and how distinguish.
The logic is as follow:
any attachment placeholder id into text post, is paired with resulting attachments array_keys

Code: Select all

// get attachments DESC ordered: array keys that match the inline placeholder id will correctly pair the attach (even when into post there are images named the same)
   // like [attachment=0]image.png[/attachment][attachment=5]image.png[/attachment][attachment=1]image.png[/attachment][attachment=5]image.png[/attachment] 
The logic is the same, it was necessary to change only some var and remove not useful code lines (used for the wrong way i used to pair by image filename).

Now it is perfect about attachments. But i will improve soon more little things like the spacing output.
If my dentist will not kill me today afternoon, and no more bugs reported in the while, 2.5.2 with fixed languages files and this shortcode complete will be released this evening :)
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Before that the dentist will kill me today, i would like to go out with 2.5.2 release.
Enjoy lovely people! ;)

Code: Select all

= 2.5.2 =
*Release Date - 24 Jan, 2022*

* Fix: language file wp-w3all-phpbb-integration.pot into /wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/languages that can be used to correctly create .po lang files. en_EN, us_US, fr_FR, es_ES and it_IT have been added into languages folder by default, ready in place, even if not still translated (have been translated just front-end strings into it_IT)
* Fix: the shortcode phpBB posts into WP post has been updated to correctly parse any attachment, inline and not inline, exactly like phpBB do
* phpBB Post Shortcode is here: https://www.axew3.com/w3/2017/07/wordpress-shortcode-phpbb-posts-into-wp-post/
* Fix admin hints all over
* Minor fixes
i suppose i will have to ask to translators team at wp.org to add those lang file somewhere.
If alive i will do this evening (yes i am scared by dentists, but really)