Woocommerce Memeberships problem since 2.5.0

thewebguys
User w
User w

Post by thewebguys »

Hi
We are using Woocommerce Memeberships. Since version 2.5.0 of your plugin was auto-updated on 20th Jan, no renewals can be processed. New members can join, but renewals don't process and error message mentions that email already exists. As I know one of the new features of 2.5.0 was to check this, I wonder whether this is a problem.

Can I have a link to download version 2.4.9 so I can test that please?

Best wishes
Jon
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Yes.
In the while you could resolve just removing the filter.
Open wp_w3all.php file and search for this line (674 in 2.5.2):

Code: Select all

add_filter( 'pre_user_email', 'w3all_filter_pre_user_email', 10, 1 ); // check for possible duplicated email in phpBB, BEFORE the email being updated in WP
comment it

//add_filter( 'pre_user_email', 'w3all_filter_pre_user_email', 10, 1 ); // check for possible duplicated email in phpBB, BEFORE the email being updated in WP
could you please confirm that this is the problem in this case?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

p.s
removing this

add_filter( 'pre_user_email', 'w3all_filter_pre_user_email', 10, 1 ); // check for possible duplicated email in phpBB, BEFORE the email being updated in WP
i tested that woocommerce, like memberpress, update the email of the user without let check to the integration plugin if the email already exist or not in phpBB. This mean that if an user update to an email that exist in phpBB but not in wp, it will be updated. So you'll have two users with same email in phpBB. This will not happen if integration run as non mismatching email and all users have been transferred.
Woocommerce or memberpress will refuse the email update, because the email already exist in wordpress (so there are no problems in this case).

I think that about this, until some different solution come out, that can be ok for any plugin, and not one by one solution, this can be an option that anybody can choose to leave or not active, based on how will go to integrate.
Active by default, that can be deactivated.
The option hint will say +- the above, and what you report as problem, when a membership goes to be updated
thewebguys
User w
User w

Re: Woocommerce Memeberships problem since 2.5.0

Post by thewebguys »

Thank you. Commenting out line 674 worked for our site.