2.5.4 released, and coming 2.5.5 logs

madoma73
User ww
User ww

Re: 2.5.4 released, and coming 2.5.5 logs

Post by madoma73 »

It's huge !
I'm available when you want to test that !

Pierre
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

It work perfect.
It seem also incredibly fast.

Looking how to pass params about:
instead to create/build a page that is placed into plugin template (as it is now), in this case using the shortcode, the shortcode param (something named like this)
wp_page_name="" need to contain: the page name or post name where the shortcode will display. Think it will be the unique useful param.
So something like:

Code: Select all

[w3allphpbbiframe wp_page_name="pageName"]
It is needed to:
detect when and if load all about iframe, so that these two

add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'wp_w3all_short_enqueue_scripts');
 add_action('wp_head','wp_w3all_short_add_ajax');
 // so
 add_shortcode( 'w3allphpbbiframe', 'wp_w3all_phpbb_iframe_short' );
will be added only when the page will display the shortcode and not on each wp page.
Also, it will be used to correctly rewrite urls exactly as on page-forum.
Substantially as said, this param is an alias of the page forum name setting into plugin admin page and will be used to get the same exact result, into any WP page.
The content file to edit for the html on it, and even php vars, will be substantially the same (shortened) of page forum and even more easy to be customized.
It will be really nice to use. Surely one of the best thing ever added. Because it resolve any template issue for anyone without having to know how to due to (may) themes complexity.
Due to the js code in phpBB, will be possible to use only one single shortcode.
Or more, but others pages where other shortcode display, will be pushed with the url setting you added into overall_header and footer phpBB.
So even if is possible to add more shortcodes in more than one page, you have to consider this. It has been nice to be into my WP home, and loading the shortcode, the page display page forum as url on browser's address bar, and all is working perfect, while you are into home effectively. But if i will reload page by refreshing on browser, i will be so redirected to page forum, and not home, as logic it is. It is so possible to use more, but the result will be the one described, into pages that are not the one set into the js phpBB added code.
Will be awesome.
It is coming!

phpbb_iframe_shortcode.png
phpbb_iframe_shortcode.png (102.91 KiB) Viewed 952 times
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

So even if is possible to add more shortcodes in more than one page, you have to consider this. It has been nice to be into my WP home, and loading the shortcode, the page display page forum as url on browser's address bar, and all is working perfect, while you are into home effectively. But if i will reload page by refreshing on browser, i will be so redirected to page forum, and not home, as logic it is. It is so possible to use more, but the result will be the one described, into pages that are not the one set into the js phpBB added code.
wow wrong assumption.
the code works perfect, it is possible to add any amount of phpBB iframes into several pages.
The important is to call it correctly on each different page:

[w3allphpbbiframe wp_page_name="board"]
if the page slug is board

[w3allphpbbiframe wp_page_name="my-test"]
if the page slug is my-test

and so on. The js code that rewrite urls, as i did in the past, answer correctly without modify nothing, in any case.
I says it will be awesome. It is also wonderful ;)
madoma73
User ww
User ww

Post by madoma73 »

One thing...
When will be able to test ?? :D :D

Pierre
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Today if you will be around!

There is a new forum:
phpBB and WordPress - testers

on this forum, the unique group which is allowed to download attachments files in it (and where you have been just added) will be
Testers and contributors.

All features published on this forum, will become default feature into plugin, later.
While contributors and testers will have possibility to use the code before this time elapsed.
madoma73
User ww
User ww

Post by madoma73 »

I Can see test post and image name, but i'm not able to answer or download.

Pierre