Error when changing password

bson
User w
User w

Error when changing password

Post by bson »

Hi!

The plugin seems to work fine but where a user requests for new password by clicking the link "Forgot my password" in the WordPress login dialog, he get the the error message "Error: the provided email is paired to another user into our forum".

See attached pictures.

Thank you!
Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 10.46.04.png
Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 10.46.04.png (210.06 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 10.46.29.png
Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 10.46.29.png (128.19 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Error when changing password

Post by axew3 »

checking immediately in the afternoon, let you know in short, and thank for the report.
anyway
but .... did you disabled the option that check for emails before it is updated in WP into plugin admin? This your issue come out due to this:
Disable existence check of the email in phpBB before it is updated in WordPress
you are into an integration scenario where you let users update profile only in WP? (see hints on options if these match your needs,and if the problem disappear disabling this option).
Enable it

[EDITED]
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

P.s
Note that the option Disable existence check of the email in phpBB before it is updated in WordPress enabled by default, very often require to be ENABLED (so it is DISABLED). Check related hints on plugin admin where this option display. Test your install, if you get the error message "email exist" on performing certain tasks then disable this option.
into the help install page (beside the fact that the option hint self explain), it has been added the above.

Please let know if with this you resolved because it was active (and so some external plugin was interacting) going to test my side
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

I just tested into default and of course it work fine into default WP.
So please, i'm quite sure that with the above you'll fix the issue, but let know!
And i see that the option is explain hint is a misunderstanding: it is wrong, going to update it

P.s
related files have been updated on plugin repository, to fix hints on related option:
files to be substituted until 2.5.7 not released (but it just change the text of the hint) are:
/wp-content\/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/admin/config.php
and
wp/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/languages/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration.pot

https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/brow ... tion/trunk

it now will correctly say this (re-written also after some hour and this attach updated):
disable_email_check_option.png
disable_email_check_option.png (44.59 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
[EDITED]
bson
User w
User w

Post by bson »

Yes, thank you! The option "Disable existence check..." solved the problem.