Multisite User delete error

pennymachines
User www
User www

Re: Multisite User delete error

Post by pennymachines »

Hi,
Is there anything useful I can do to diagnose the issue?
I tried disabling all activated plugins (except WordPress w3all phpBB integration) from my network admin, but the problem remained.
Currently the only way I can delete users via network admin is to network deactivate WordPress w3all phpBB integration.
Cheers.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Yes! Hello David, could you replace the file and try it?
class.wp.w3all-phpbb.zip
(34.26 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
may the problem was an unescaped value i realized now looking on code, in case it is a problem in certain php?... let know please
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

i am quite sure the problem has been resolved David, the file class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php
has been patched also into repository to fix this:
https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/expo ... -phpbb.php
fix function wp_w3all_phpbb_delete_user_signup into class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php for an unescaped var on query
to update and fix before 2.6.0 just dwonload class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php and replace the file into:
/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/

it was not leading to an error into php7.4/8 where i am testing, but i am quite sure (i remember this) it is causing instead the issue into some other server configuration.

ps. explained the problem was on this line (note '$user->user_email'):

Code: Select all

$w3all_phpbb_connection->query("UPDATE ".$w3all_config["table_prefix"]."users SET user_type = '1' WHERE LOWER(user_email) = '$user->user_email'");
that to be correctly parsed require to be like this instead ( '".$user->user_email."' ):

$w3all_phpbb_connection->query("UPDATE ".$w3all_config["table_prefix"]."users SET user_type = '1' WHERE LOWER(user_email) = '".$user->user_email."'");
i am sorry David that to see the light on this, you had to re-mark again and again.
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Alessio,,
I'm sorry if I'm missing something, but I modified class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php as originally instructed and when that failed, overwrote the file with the latest versions, cleared cache, checked and double checked, but still get the fatal error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_results() on string in /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php:1805 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php(1854): WP_w3all_phpbb::wp_w3all_get_phpbb_user_info_by_email('dyer@medicalfac...') #1 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/wp_w3all.php(1138): WP_w3all_phpbb::wp_w3all_phpbb_delete_user_signup(3342) #2 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(309): w3all_wpmu_delete_user(3342) #3 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #4 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-admin/includes/ms.php(173): do_action('wpmu_delete_use...', 3342, Object(WP_User)) #6 /home/www/mysite.com. in /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php on line 1805
To be clear, this is what I have in class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php:

if ( isset($phpbb_user_data[0]->user_type) && $phpbb_user_data[0]->user_type == 1 ) {
      $res = $w3all_phpbb_connection->query("UPDATE ".$w3all_config["table_prefix"]."users SET user_type = '0' WHERE LOWER(user_email) = '".$user->user_email."'");
     }
    // keep separated
    if( $user->user_pass != $phpbb_user_data[0]->user_password ) {
       $res = $w3all_phpbb_connection->query("UPDATE ".$w3all_config["table_prefix"]."users SET user_password = '".$user->user_pass."' WHERE LOWER(user_email) = '".$user->user_email."'");
     }

My server is running php 7.4
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

so send me via pm or post here the edited file, so i can see at this line what it is wrong! ( i loosed all connection data after my ftp program uninstall, if i had, i already downloaded myself to check, assuming you experience this at pennymachine)

p.s why you did not updated to last 2.5.9? Have you try to save all plugins files (maybe) and do an update to latest?
It should work fine into any configuration and frontend plugins
You say you modified the file, but to achieve what? Let know!
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

axew3 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:06 pm so send me via pm or post here the edited file, so i can see at this line what it is wrong! ( i loosed all connection data after my ftp program uninstall, if i had, i already downloaded myself to check, assuming you experience this at pennymachine)
There is no means to attach files in PM here, so I've uploaded it here:
axew3 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:06 pm p.s why you did not updated to last 2.5.9? Have you try to save all plugins files (maybe) and do an update to latest?
I did update to Version 2.5.9 as soon as it was available and tested, but the problem remained.
axew3 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:06 pm You say you modified the file, but to achieve what? Let know!
I modified it originally back in January following the instructions you gave here.

It has been updated since then with newer versions (currently Version 2.5.9).