Exiting WP dashboard when accessing WP w3all Settings

johncummings
User w
User w

Exiting WP dashboard when accessing WP w3all Settings

Post by johncummings »

When I try to run "WP w3all" Settings it takes me out of the WP dashboard and puts me into my website home page. Could this issue be related to the UID the plug-in was installed with?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Exiting WP dashboard when accessing WP w3all Settings

Post by axew3 »

Hello!
Is the user is an admin with manage_options capability the user can access the page, and if not, the link should not show.
The UID 1 is not linked (like UID 2 in phpBB) so it do not require that an user with same email exist in phpBB.
But this is not the problem ... it is strange that when you access the page you are redirected: are you using some plugin that add users groups/capabilities and are you using an admin that is not a power admin?
Is this is a power admin? (i suppose yes)
Strange, thinking how cold be possible ...
johncummings
User w
User w

Post by johncummings »

Thanks,

I thought I replied to this already, but don't see it.

I re-did the installation and it seems to be working. I think I had an issue with using the same email to define the admin users to both phpbb and wordpress. Plus I wasn't using UID=1 to perform the installation of your plug-in. Unclear if I need to use UID=1,but did on the second install.

It is working, but not sure if it is working correctly. WHen I create a new Wordpress user the new user is being added to phpbb. But, when I create a new phbpp user the new users is NOT being added to wordpress. Is this how it should work or did I miss something?

Thanks
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Yeah! Because it is a WP plugin!
You have to install the phpBB extension, if you like to have users registered/added into WP at same time when they register into phpBB.
Or an user that register in phpBB, will be added in WP, only at first login in WP, or when as logged in, will visits the WP side.
phpBB common tasks extension (1.0.2 add users at same time in WP when they register in phpBB, and with redirects and options you can activate):
viewtopic.php?p=5509#p5509

p.s note that if using iframe, the option do not need to be used (nor redirects, read hints). In this example, you registered into iframe: as soon you login, then you are added into wordpress, because the page reload, a valid phpBB cookie exist, and the addition fire (when you have been redirected to wp home page at first login). Note that now, if you logout and re-login, you are not redirected into WP page, but correctly here into page forum if you login into iframed phpBB. This could/would happen also at first time login, but to resolve a bug that cause a duplicate user insertion (anyway after fixed) the redirect is intentionally to a non page forum, when the first login happen, and the user being added also into WP.... so hard, and not too complete explain, i know, let resume that it is this way because yes :)

read all info hint on plugin admin (i know, my Eng discourage to do so :D )
and
https://www.axew3.com/w3/wordpress-phpb ... n-install/

you'll see that you can do anything you want, and more!
Follow with any question if in trouble

Going to test an install as you describe, with any user's flavor, may something still need to be fixed, and will be in case on coming very soon 2.6.0
johncummings
User w
User w

Post by johncummings »

Thanks,

No worries about your english. It is fine. I'm new to wordpress,so easily confused. Glad to hear what I have installed is working as expected. I will look to add the phpbb extension. I was a little confused about what the phpbb extension was, but now think I understand.

Thanks for the instructions. I have been reading them all already!

I will certainly have more questions. Going to try phpbb embedded on a wordpress template next.

Thanks