Multisite User delete error

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Multisite User delete error

Post by axew3 »

So, the unique problem that can cause the issue (string error on query) is the fact that a var (with email value) is passed on query without being correctly parsed.
something like this return the error you report:

Code: Select all

'$user->user_email'
while

'".$user->user_email."'
or

$user_email = $user_email;
'$user_email'
are ok.

little changed the two code functions, to avoid, i think, any possible fail, and also improve the by_email function to execute the search as LOWER value. Here we go, i am sure (like the fact i had already fixed these... really i already fixed last time but i find out the code has been like reverted sometime for some reason.....!) ... let see now ... all strings correctly escaped

https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/expo ... -phpbb.php
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

I'm afraid I'm still getting the error with the new version of class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_results() on string in /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php:1805 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php(1853): WP_w3all_phpbb::wp_w3all_get_phpbb_user_info_by_email(NULL) #1 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/wp_w3all.php(1138): WP_w3all_phpbb::wp_w3all_phpbb_delete_user_signup(2904) #2 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(309): w3all_wpmu_delete_user(2904) #3 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #4 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-admin/includes/ms.php(173): do_action('wpmu_delete_use...', 2904, Object(WP_User)) #6 /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-ad in /home/www/mysite.com/WP/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php on line 1805
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

I have try it anyway, without any error. But i will follow just this night and tomorrow on testing as doing 2.6.0 release
By the way, the function
wp_w3all_get_phpbb_user_info_by_email
has been updated because like last time

i had updated it to be this:

public static function wp_w3all_get_phpbb_user_info_by_email($email){

global $w3all_config,$w3all_phpbb_connection;

$email = sanitize_email($email);
    if( !is_email($email) ) {
     return false;
    }

$email = strtolower($email);

$phpbb_user = $w3all_phpbb_connection->get_results("SELECT *
    FROM ". $w3all_config["table_prefix"] ."groups
    JOIN ". $w3all_config["table_prefix"] ."users ON LOWER(". $w3all_config["table_prefix"] ."users.user_email) = '$email'
    AND ". $w3all_config["table_prefix"] ."users.group_id = ". $w3all_config["table_prefix"] ."groups.group_id");

return $phpbb_user;

}
while i have found into repository file, this code (which anyway into my test work fine):

public static function wp_w3all_get_phpbb_user_info_by_email($email){

global $w3all_config,$w3all_phpbb_connection;

$phpbb_user = $w3all_phpbb_connection->get_results("SELECT *
    FROM ". $w3all_config["table_prefix"] ."groups
    JOIN ". $w3all_config["table_prefix"] ."users ON LOWER(". $w3all_config["table_prefix"] ."users.user_email) = '".$email."'
    AND ". $w3all_config["table_prefix"] ."users.group_id = ". $w3all_config["table_prefix"] ."groups.group_id");

return $phpbb_user;

}
so i start to think there is something that is going wrong somewhere, i double checked it now (class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php):

https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/expo ... -phpbb.php

it has been updated. With this, i assume it is impossible to get the error now, but let see the entire stack, let know please
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

Good news! No error. :D
Thank you so much for all your work on this.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

wow, finally, you know when you report some bug i go into panic now :shock:
i will follow to optimize all the stack and functions, i've seen some that are REALLY still asking to be CLEANED UP!

2.6.0 is coming David
It will fix several things about avatars, add widget online users and phpBB stats and several more improvements!
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

Sorry to report with Version 2.6.1 the problem is back:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_results() on string in /home/www/mysite.com/wp/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php:1758 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/mysite.com/wp/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php(1805): WP_w3all_phpbb::wp_w3all_get_phpbb_user_info_by_email('adrien_dulac166...') #1 /home/www/mysite.com/wp/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/wp_w3all.php(1132): WP_w3all_phpbb::wp_w3all_phpbb_delete_user_signup(3898) #2 /home/www/mysite.com/wp/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(309): w3all_wpmu_delete_user(3898) #3 /home/www/mysite.com/wp/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #4 /home/www/mysite.com/wp/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/www/mysite.com/wp/wp-admin/includes/ms.php(173): do_action('wpmu_delete_use...', 3898, Object(WP_User)) #6 /home/www/mysite.co in /home/www/mysite.com/wp/wp-content/plugins/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php on line 1758