auto login to phpbb forum from website

johncummings
User w
User w

auto login to phpbb forum from website

Post by johncummings »

Hi,

Sorry for the question, but I'm not clear on this feature, if it exists.

My forum is on a page on my website that only authorized users can access. The page is secured by members(memberpress). When a user signs into my wordpress website to access this page and then goes into the forum page are they automatically logged in to phpbb?

In short, which component of your plugin does the auto logins to the worpress forum, if it does? I have the ID replication piece working, but had trouble getting the phpbb embedded on a wordpress template piece working.

Thanks
John CUmmings
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: auto login to phpbb forum from website

Post by axew3 »

Hello John. Np ask anything you'll like.
In short, which component of your plugin does the auto logins to the worpress forum, if it does?
when a login fire in WordPress, then the function

Code: Select all

private static function phpBB_user_session_set($wp_user_data){
on file
/wp-w3all-phpbb-integration/class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php
setup the phpBB cookie on browser and the session in phpBB
johncummings
User w
User w

Post by johncummings »

Thanks,

It has been working all the time! You must have this process disabled for the Wordpress Admin UserId, right? I was doing all my working using the Wordpress Admin account and I wasn't getting logged into phpbb(forum). When I created a new ID everything worked as expected. Works great.

Unfortunately I'm having another issue that I'm hoping to figure out. I renamed my wordpress domain and now getting a random issue that I'm sure is a parameter issue. If I can't figure it out I'll be back - lol

Thanks
johncummings
User w
User w

Post by johncummings »

Solved my issue. When I renamed my domain I missed a url redirect in the login form/page. Corrected that and issue resolved.

This is a great plugin - so nice not to have to login to both WP and PHPBB

Thanks
John