User can`t delete their Accounts on Ultimate Members

Ezrael
User ww
User ww

Post by Ezrael »

Hey! I´m using Ultimate Members to manage all the roles on my website.

I haven´t had any issue with UM and your plugin but since the last update I have the issue if users are deleting their own account, the Wordpress account isn't deleted.

PHPBB sets the User to inactive but the user has still full access to Wordpress. I figured out is has to be an issue with your plugin because wenn I set your plugin to deactivate everything works like it should.

Do you change something with the last update, what can cause this issue or do you have any idea how to fix it? I really like the possibility to set the users inactive in the forum. It a good spam protection and post are not deleted.

[Title Edited]
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Notice: the username is currently inactive into our forum. Please contact an administrator.
This is what i get after i deleted myself as user using Ultimate member on the frontend, if i try to login. The user is correctly deleted in WP and deactivated in phpBB.
Then when i try to login in WP the above message display, because the user is deactivated in WP (and cannot be added again until not re-activated in phpBB)
Do you change something with the last update, what can cause this issue or do you have any idea how to fix it? I really like the possibility to set the users inactive in the forum. It a good spam protection and post are not deleted.
no nothing changed.

In the while, doing tests to reproduce your issue, 2.8.2 has been released to fix several issues about this instead

Code: Select all

= 2.8.2 =
*Release Date - 22 Mar, 2024*
* Fix: 'Not enough data to create user' error, when an user should be created on WP login, because existent (and active) in phpBB
* Fix: same issue for all 'create user' instances throwing same error
while i have not been able to reproduce the problem you report!