Forum Menu Integration in WordPress: Help Needed

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Forum Menu Integration in WordPress: Help Needed

Post by axew3 »

Little delay, sorry i had to finish with the phpBB updates into WP without to reload the WP page.
I will log opening a new topic, this new(?) way to integrate things, and future coming features.

It is amazing to see that if a new post/topic has been inserted by someone into phpBB (i test it doing a post into another tab) it is after seconds updated also into the WP last topics wordpress widget, onto the other tab, without to have to reload the page.
It works using cookies/js/php (and the WP heartbeat hook, which could be also be easily not used), and a little trick to not waste resources, so that the call to get updates into phpBB that happen in the background, is done only and if, there are new posts/topics, and not if there are not.
I will explain the automation of the process and how it has been coded asap.

While the fast procedure to be up and running with the iframe by shortcode template integration is coming!
DavFar
User w
User w

Post by DavFar »

Question: Has the new tutorial been published or not yet?
Maybe I didn't notice it
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

The 2.8.3 release will be very soon. I am very happy to have take the integration to be practically, i am quite sure, working fine mixed with any other plugin or scenario by default, and about template integration, into any theme.

In the while, just to be sure, have you never read this?

The awesome iframe template integration using shortcode

https://www.axew3.com/w3/2022/02/the-aw ... shortcode/

Substantially, doing a template integration by shortcode, you have to
add overall_header and footer js code, into phpBB, as described here (like for the page-forum):
https://www.axew3.com/w3/2020/01/phpbb- ... iframe-v5/

then read this (and follow all hints!): https://www.axew3.com/w3/2022/02/the-aw ... shortcode/
Then create into wordpress a page where you'll add the shortcode.
The page slug of this page need to be added into related plugin option
The (awesome) iframe template integration using shortcode
and read the inline hints!

If any problem, please just post a new topic, i will follow you and so we'll setup in the while an easy guide for anybody!
DavFar
User w
User w

Post by DavFar »

I think I will need a video tutorial.
It's a bit complicated for me to follow your steps because I get confused in doing things with such long texts.
Also I speak English and I have to translate things xD.
I would be super grateful if you make a video tutorial so I can follow your steps.
I find it much easier this way.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

It seem too hard to setup a video showing the process of the awesome template integration using shortcode, while doing it manually, it is like to follow just few easy steps: if it is out of your ability (that's not a crime of course!) to accomplish on doing the procedure as it is explained, i am really sorry! :(

viewtopic.php?p=6269#p6269
DavFar
User w
User w

Post by DavFar »

I have tried many times but I cannot do what you mention.
I think I'm doing something wrong or this has gotten out of hand.
I just want to add the header of the forum to the wordpress website but I can't.
I don't know if you can help me with this by contacting us directly on some platform so I can accomplish the goal.
I don't know if you have Discord, maybe you could help me so I can transmit you the computer screen so you can guide me and I can do what I need.
It would help me a lot.
My discord is DavFar as it appears in the image.