About Social plugins and wp_w3all integration ...

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

About Social plugins and wp_w3all integration ...

Post by axew3 »

Warning: remember about social plugins: disable the feature about auto-register users on WordPress adding users from external apps like Google or Facebook, if it is present as option.

more advanced ... looking into this feature and an integration ....

looking into how a social plugin like miniorange work ...
so it for example use a native add-users wp function and an openID account to get logged in users on WP ... the problem is that we can also add user in phpBB in the while an external user addition is done on WP, but it is done in this case using openID. An openID mod should run also on phpBB side ... for example, but this way get into problems soon with integration ... or .... the joke maybe should be this....
grab event on adding user by external apps, update password in wp, that also should be hashed as phpBB do and added in phpBB. Inform with email user about his password.
Remain the problem about the user if he will be so logged in on WP by social plugin, and is not logged on phpBB.
It can be maybe achieved, creating in the while a session as phpBB do.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: About Social plugins and wp_w3all integration ...

Post by axew3 »

after some line of code grabbed from some phpBB file, the code is almost ready, and tested working about password that is hashed to be suitable also on phpBB with phpass, and sessions creations on Wp, for a phpBB autologin. I need to find out the time to setup all, and test some time, by the way. If anybody like to help in this, i can pass what i've start, if not, let find out the time and it will be finished.