phpBB accounts active?

grungyape
User w
User w

phpBB accounts active?

Post by grungyape »

A few questions.

A while back when it created phpBB accounts from WP registration, the accounts were inactive. This was good, we need to approve the accounts.
Last night, it created 2 accounts, both were active.

Is this a change?

Are they no longer inactive by default? If so, can you give us an option in the settigns?? (Create Inactive phpBB accounts? O yes O no) We really need our WP accounts, and phpBB accounts to be disabled until approved.

OR

Can you consider not having WP w3all phpBB create the phpBB accounts until they have been approved on the WP side?

The plugin is finally working 100% for us, and then we discovered this! :cry:
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: phpBB accounts active?

Post by axew3 »

in the while, 1.4.1 has been fixed about 3 important bugs, 1 about logout that nobody until now have report, but that i've discover, 1 about post text, and 1 about correct session update .... going to release as soon i will be on place able to do this, before this night i hope ...
Are they no longer inactive by default? If so, can you give us an option in the settigns?? (Create Inactive phpBB accounts? O yes O no) We really need our WP accounts, and phpBB accounts to be disabled until approved.
yes this can be easily added also as option, and need to be fixed. On 1.4.1 if i can. or 1.4.2.

Or you in the while can just modify the follow easy thing, if you want create an user by default in phpBB as deactivated after he register or is added in WP:
Open class.wp.w3all-phpbb.php
on 1.4.0 line 494
or search for this:
$phpbb_user_type = 0; // if no capabilities on WP, this should be set to 1 as deactivated on phpBB
change 0 to 1:
$phpbb_user_type = 1; // if no capabilities on WP, this should be set to 1 as deactivated on phpBB
grungyape
User w
User w

Post by grungyape »

I'l edit the code for now, but I think this is a good feature to add.

I know 99% will want the account active, but some sites will validate users first.

Thank you.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

p.s finally all has been installed working at your site?
grungyape
User w
User w

Post by grungyape »

Yes (and no).

I am trying to fully figure out one last (I hope) issue before I report it. Its a big issue involving log in, but I'm 100% sure it is a plugin conflict with Ultimate Member. Heck, maybe one of your fixes (thinking the "session" one) may resolve it, so I may wait to report it until the next patch is out.

BUT apart from this everything is working.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Ok nice! ... do not know Ultimate Member, i just see right now on other tab at wp.org what do: it is possible that interact with wp_w3all, about logins on his front end widget, if as explained on some other post, if this plugin use javascript to login user in front end widget and reset the $_POST credentials of WP. This normally not affect if the login is done via wp-login.php and these kind of plugins are active. Affect only there front end login widget if as said they reset WP credentials.
But i've not test it with wp_w3all, i will give a try to see what happen ...

Also i've start something to get working wp_w3all by the way also with this kind of plugins ... BUT let me say ... the things that this kind of ajax plugin are doing the work, is crazy to me in the way they are done (i've see someone, do not know Ultimate Member, i wll take alook, maybe it do things in other way) and what they are useful for in the way they login: why completely modify the way wp login, to get as result that the user not login via wp-login.php page using ajax remaining in home? It is crazy.
In few line of code, it can be achieved just with an action and a filter in WP, using pure php. The use of ajax is not secure: that's the reason why they reset $_POST i think onlogin.