Solved -> S2member plugin: WP Login not work & ACP Blank

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: S2member plugin: WP Login not work & ACP Blank

Post by axew3 »

I think the issue is that the forum seems to think I'm already logged on as Admin.
maybe you're referring about last 5 minutes online users
Greyhart
User w
User w

Post by Greyhart »

axew3 wrote:maybe you're referring about last 5 minutes online users
No, there seems to always be an extra "guest" user.

I checked the phpBB forums, they said to reinstall. So I'm in the process of setting all the options now that I have access to the ACP again.

One of the things that I saw was that using NotePad or WordPad to edit php files is bad. They suggested Notepad++, so I downloaded it. You might want to put something in your directions about that, where you have people editing the functions.php file. I don't know that the BOM mark was my problem, but since I used WordPad, I'm sure I screwed that up.

Once I have the ACP settings right, I will verify that everything still works on the WP side.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Solved -> S2member plugin: WP Login not work & ACP Blank

Post by axew3 »

You might want to put something in your directions about that, where you have people editing the functions.php file
I've unfortunately not understand what you mean about functions.php file that not exist on wp_w3all but,
maybe yes, use UTF8 No BOM when you save edited files on your text editor.
Greyhart
User w
User w

Post by Greyhart »

Greyhart wrote:Once I have the ACP settings right, I will verify that everything still works on the WP side.
Ok, I've been having to reinstall phpBB all day due to the blank white ACP screen. At this point, it looks like when I change my cookie path in phpBB to .witchcraft-academy.com it starts to give me problems. I did that originally because my forums are on a subdomain (forums.witchcraft-academy.com) and the directions for subdomains said to change it.

I am currently leaving the cookie to / and have not reactivated the w3all plugin. I want to make sure my boards are stable first, then I'll reactivate the plugin, and see how it works. I've got a forum post on the phpBB boards about this already.
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: Solved -> S2member plugin: WP Login not work & ACP Blank

Post by axew3 »

where is installed your wordpress instead?
from php.net:
The (sub)domain that the cookie is available to. Setting this to a subdomain (such as 'www.example.com') will make the cookie available to that subdomain and all other sub-domains of it (i.e. w2.www.example.com). To make the cookie available to the whole domain (including all subdomains of it), simply set the value to the domain name ('example.com', in this case).
Remove the dot

p.s clean cookies any time you change settings