phpBB Newly Registered User bug? (no forums shows)

axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Re: phpBB Newly Registered User bug? (no forums shows)

Post by axew3 »

it say:
New member post limit:
New members are within the Newly Registered Users group until they reach this number of posts.
i've set to 1 here

then:
Set Newly Registered Users group to default:
If set to yes, and a new member post limit is specified, newly registered users will not only be put into the Newly Registered Users group, but this group will also be their default one. This may come in handy if you want to assign a group default rank and/or avatar the user then inherits.
i've set to No

in theory should work.

Do not know if it mean/affect or not, have you cleaned up cache?
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

I've cleared the cache and tried Yes and No. Same problem.
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

Trying to squash this bug. Is it unique to my setup I wonder. Did you test it on your side Alessio?
axew3
w3all User
w3all User

Post by axew3 »

Hello no, busy yesterday, doing today somewhere and i will do a test about this along with the preloader that do not disappear bug, let you know asap
pennymachines
User www
User www

Post by pennymachines »

Something I just noticed, which might be relevant...

When WP_w3all creates the account in phpBB, the user only exists in the Newly Registered Users group. He/she is not in the Registered Users group.

As I understand it, when users are registered as Newly Registered Users, by default they should also be in the Registered Users group.

I tested this by creating an account directly in phpBB (Add User extension). The account was automatically placed into both groups.
DjPorkchop73
User www
User www

Post by DjPorkchop73 »

pennymachines wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:01 pm Something I just noticed, which might be relevant...

When WP_w3all creates the account in phpBB, the user only exists in the Newly Registered Users group. He/she is not in the Registered Users group.
When I created my wife's account on my website, this is exactly what happened as well. However, she was able to view all forums anyhow. I created another account through phpBB as is how my website is setup and this user was setup in both usergroups this time and that account was able to see forums as well.

I tried both ways to recreate a user not being able to see forums and I was not able to. Sorry I wasn't able to lend any thoughts.
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley